He's had a career that's taken him from New Jersey, Cleveland, Orlando, Los Angeles, Golden State, Denver, Charlotte, Italy, and even Milwaukee. But on Wednesday Earl Boykins' career found him in Washington, where he was the catalyst in the Wizards 104-102 win against the Bucks.
Thursday, December 3, 2009 by Winks ·
After Brandon Jennings had tied the game at 102 with seconds left to play, Boykins was able to get Jennings to foul him at the other end and nail the two free throws to give Washington the victory. But Boykins did much more than that, as he either scored or set up the final eight points for the Wizards, inspiring the Wizards crowd to chant "M-V-P" in honor their unlikely 5'5'' hero. Obviously, the Hunter of the Night.
It was the ending to a game that was back and forth throughout, one that looked like the Bucks might have been able to pull out. But after starting 8-3, the Bucks lost their fifth game in six tries, and it looks like this team might be leveling out a bit. I was guilty of running up and down the streets screaming 'Playoffs!' immediately after Jennings rattled off 55 that one night, and I still think that will be in the cards for the Bucks, but it's probably could we take a step back and realize that there's still some work to do (that being said, had the Bucks won last night I would have probably crowned them NBA champions).
The Bucks did get a good night out of Luke Ridnour, he had 20 points and six assists, but he's out of the running for Player of the Game thanks to that last second shot of his that almost had us wishing for the days of Mo Williams. Jennings did his usual, but the POTG is headed to Hakim Warrick and his 20 points. Also Warrick was able to get to the line eight times in a game where the Bucks had just 12 free throw opportunities. Conversely, the Wizards got to the line 34 times, a stat interestingly still happened after Scott Skiles was ejected for arguing a foul. Odd.
Kind of a disappointing loss, but you'll have those during an 82-game season. I think if the Bucks can keep up what they've been doing with Jennings and Bogut, and continue to have the role players step up, you could easily find this team as a lower seeded Eastern Conference Playoff team. It's going to be tough though during the next couple of games to get back on track - the Bucks next three games are at Detroit, against Cleveland, and then at Boston.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- ► 2010 (734)
- Magic Make Joke of Bucks
- Rodgers Leads Packers into Pro Bowl
- Happy Birthday, Gweeds!
- Skiles Puts His Foot Down
- I Don't Like When Northwestern Does Well
- Bucky Five: See You in the Playoffs
- Merry Christmas!
- Worrying Out Loud For a Bit
- Bogut Outpaces Rest of Bucks in Victory
- The Bucky Five: Some Games Just Aren't Meant to Be...
- ...And Again
- They Did it Again...
- Winks Thinks: The Worst Decade Ever Edition
- Kobe Bryant is a Douche
- Winks Thinks Coming Friday
- NFL Coverage Maps: Week Fifteen
- It's Not Easy Being Right
- Jeronne Maymon Quits Marquette
- Packers Mistakenly Give Collins' Extension to Chil...
- Brewers Staying Moderately Busy
- The Bucky Five: That Makes Five in a Row
- Milwaukee 108, Portland 101
- Badgers Top Marquette
- Big Ten Looking to Expand
- Winks Thinks: The Never-Ending Cycle Edition
- Morry Gash is Taking Names
- NFL Coverage Maps: Week Fourteen
- Bucks Plow Through Raptors
- You Shall Not Pass!
- Brewers Lock Up Wolf, Hawkins
- Robot Voice, Robot Voice...
- Bucks Continue Slide, Fall to Celtics
- The Bucky Five: And Another Flag Was Just Thrown
- Hungry Like the Wolf?
- (Extremely) Early World Cup Predictions
- This Will Brighten Up Your Monday
- Bucks Start Hot, Finish Ugly
- Badgers to Face The U
- Badgers Roll Over Warriors
- Ben Wallace, Really?
- Quick Thoughts: World Cup Draw
- World Cup Draw Today
- Your 2009 UFL MVP, Brooks Bollinger
- Big Losses Come in Small Packages
- Winks Thinks: The Christmas Story Edition
- Bucky Stuns 5th Ranked Blue Devils
- NFL Coverage Maps: Week Thirteen
- ▼ December (48)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting