The Bucks got back on track Wednesday when they returned home from the road trip from hell. It wasn't easy, but with a good team effort the Bucks pulled out the victory. Jerry Stackhouse saw early minutes Wednesday as he was the first guy in off the bench for the Bucks. I found it a little strange that he came in so early, but I guess Stack feels that he can just learn as he goes. He wasn't a huge threat scoring, but he did throw in some assists and rebounds. His first stat as a Buck was an assist to Brandon Jennings. Welcome again Mr. Stackhouse to Milwaukee.
The Bucks got off to a slow start in the first half as a team, but individually Bogut was hot right away. Bogut scored the first 8 points for the Bucks Wednesday, and he didn't slow down after that. The rest of the guys didn't really wake up til after halftime. Maybe it was a hangover from the road trip, but they got rid of it in the second half Wednesday.
It kind of started when Delfino scored 12 of his 22 points in the second quarter. I think that might have sparked everyone else to step up their games at halftime. After being down 56-49 at half Milwaukee went to work. Milwaukee started off the third with a 12-6 run to cut the lead to one early. The rest of the quarter was back and forth, and after three quarters the Bucks held a slim lead 81-78.
The Raptors have a bad record when giving up over a 100 points so that was a goal for the Bucks all night. Well they didn't let down Squad 6 Wednesday at the BC. Andrew Bogut played huge all game, but did foul out with 4:11 to go. Milwaukee had a 101-96 lead when Bogut left, and I felt that they would let this one slip away without Andrew in there. Wow was I wrong, with offensive rebounds by Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and Ersan Ilyasova, both for tip ins the Bucks would close out the game.
Lets take a look at some highlights from this 113-107 win.
* As I said above Andrew Bogut was huge again Wednesday. He put up yet again a double double. He finished the game with 27 points, 12 rebounds, and 3 blocks. We have been riding Bogut over the past 6 games. This is also his 6 straight double double. Those stats have Bucks POTG written on over it.
* Thank you Toronto for giving us Carlos Delfino. Del-three-no as Winks likes to say had a nice game against his former team Wednesday. He finished with 22 points, 8 rebounds, and 4-8 from deep. Amir Johnson on the other hand who we gave up for Carlos has just 10 points and 7 rebounds.
* Charlie Bell and Brandon Jennings clicked for the first time it seemed all season. Combined that finished with 29 points, 9 assists, and 7 rebounds. Good to see the two starting guards put up good numbers.
* Bucks only had 7 turnovers on the night. Good to see the guys take care of the ball, unlike how they played on the road trip.
* Milwaukee assigned Joe Alexander to the D-league Wednesday. I smell something I just can't put my finger on it. Oh wait now I can, BUST.
* Stud of the night doesn't go to a guy wearing a Bucks jersey. Instead it was Chris Bosh, as much as I used to not like this guy I do now. I really think the only reason I didn't like him was because he played in Canada. He had a career game Wednesday night as he put up 44 points and 12 rebounds. Good game big guy, and I hope a team in the U.S.A. signs you next year. That will give him the Hunter of the Night award.
Overall always great to get a win, but even better when you are coming off an 1-5 road trip. We get to see the same Raptors Friday night, only different thing is we have to travel to their arena. Lets hope we can use the momentum from Wednesday nights game on Friday. Lets hope they can keep is up, and maybe even slow Bosh down just a little bit. For the rest of the box scores click the link below.
I got a fist full fifties, tequila just hit me...