Monday, January 18, 2010 by Gweedo ·
The Bucks have to be glad that this road trip is over, but they had a chance to finish it on a good note. One problem was that they just couldn't stop Luis Scola. The way things started for the Bucks I felt that they would end the road trip with a win. They got off to a good lead after the first quarter putting up 34 points. That is a huge quarter for the Bucks, because most of the time they have a hard time putting up points.
But it didn't take long for the Bucks of old to show their true colors as they went cold in the second quarter. They played well for most of the quarter until about the four minute mark. In the final 4:11 of the half the Bucks only scored four points. Milwaukee went on to only score a total of 17 points in the second quarter, after their hot first quarter.
The second half was more of a defensive/poor shooting half. The Bucks kept it within striking range after three quarters, down just 79-73. Their was even hope when the fourth quarter was rough on the Houston Rockets. Houston turned ice cold, but the Bucks couldn't capitalize on the situation as well as they could have. The Bucks did have the lead with 1:38 left in the game when they were up by two, but the Rockets would tie it with 1:04 left.
After that, Bogut made a huge defensive play getting a charge called on Aaron Brooks, giving the Bucks the final shot. I didn't see the game, but it seems that Jennings just ran the clock down and took a deep three. Not sure why this happens every time the Bucks take a final shot, but I hope they realize it is not working.
The game headed to overtime, where the Rockets came out hot going on a 9-2 run to start the round of bonus basketball. I thought for sure there was no chance the Bucks could win this game at that point. But somehow Milwaukee fought back and put Brooks on the line with a chance to ice it. He thankfully missed the second free throw, so the Bucks still had a chance. This time the Bucks were able to get a good look at a three by Ridnour, but it just didn't fall for him. I hear that it was a well run play, and Ridnour felt that it was in after he released it. Can't win them all, but those shots just haven't been going Milwaukee's way this year. Well, maybe they haven't been going Milwaukee's way during any year, but that's for another time.
Lets look at some highlights from this 101-98 overtime defeat:
* Brandon Jennings played well Monday afternoon. He finished the day with 25 points, 7 assists, and only 2 turnovers. He also knocked down four 3-pointers. Wish he would try and get to the line more, but he's still young and I think those days will come soon. Lets give him the Bucks POTG award on MLK Day.
* Andrew Bogut has been a double double machine of late, and I am loving every minute of it. He finished the game with 18 points, 17 rebounds, and 6 blocks. We have been waiting for him to put up consistent numbers, and I think a passing point guard has helped that.
* Carlos Delfino played a lot Monday. He also recorded a double double scoring 11 points, and grabbed 10 rebounds. Good game for him as he has been one of the keys off the bench since Redd went down.
* Luc Richard Mbah a Moute had a nice game too. He is in this starting line up for his defense, but brought some offense to the table Monday. He finished the game 7-11 from the field scoring 15 points and bring down 8 rebounds. It would be nice if he could learn to hit that 17 foot jumper a little more.
* Luis Scola can be an animal down low some games, well Monday was one of those days. He just went to work on the Bucks in the paint. He finished the game with 27 points, 15 rebounds, and 7-8 from the free throw line. Wish Bogut could make free throws like he does. This will earn him the Hunter of the Day award.
* The main reason we didn't win was, go figure, free throws. The Bucks were 7-11 from the line, while the Rockets were 23-28 that is just a joke. GUYS GO STRONG TO THE HOLE AND TRY TO DRAW FOULS.
Overall, the Bucks just couldn't make a three when they needed it, but at least they played well until the end. Honestly, thank God this road trip is over. The Raptors come to the Bradley Center Wednesday night, before we head off to Toronto to face the Raptors there. Lets hope the Bucks get split these game if not with both of them. Also rumor has it that Stackhouse is in good shape, and he might see the court as early as Wednesday night. Click below for the rest of the box score from Monday's game.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting