We like to cover a vast number of topics here at The Bucky Channel, but I've always felt that at it's core this was a Brewers blog. So you can imagine our excitement, a level that I'm sure matches most of you out there, upon the return of Milwaukee Brewers baseball.
Thursday, March 4, 2010 by Winks ·
Sure, it's the beginning of March, there's snow on the ground and it's not too particularly warm outside yet, but that's the beauty of what Bob Uecker's voice can do. Just turning him and Cory on the radio today made it feel about thirty degrees warmer outside, and it was good to have them back. There's just something about hearing Uecker say "The Crew" that brings a warm feeling throughout my body.
But alas, Spring Training is upon us. The Brewers started their 2010 campaign against the San Francisco Giants, losing their first matchup by a score of 5-3. However, the starters played very well, and the Brewers had a 3-0 lead until the 5th inning before some guy named John Axford came in and gave up four runs. The important thing though is that these guys are back on the diamond, and that baseball season is back.
We still want to do some sort of mini-recaps for these exhibition games though, so let's roll out our new feature in which we highlight three positives from the game, but also one negative. We'll call it "Zing, Boom, Tararrel. Puke."
Zing - Rickie Weeks will get the first Brewers preseason Player of the Game award, even though we won't do the standings until the regular season. He had a very strong performance going 2-for-2 with 2 RBI. Cory Provus noted on the broadcast that he was a bit worried about Weeks because of the wrist injury last year, but said that Weeks was still batting with the same power that he used during his breakout start last season. That's a great sign, for sure.
Boom - The Brewers gave up five runs in this one, none of which came off the arm of Jeff Suppan. He got the nod on Thursday and pitched two hitless innings, notching one strikeout. Actually, he, Todd Coffey, and Scott Schoeneweis carried a no-hitter through four innings.
Tararrel - In addition to Weeks, it was a good day offensively from the Brewers infield starters. Fielder and Counsell each had a hit apiece while McGehee had a pair. McGehee got the start over Gamel, who has yet to make his Spring Training debut. Ryan Braun sat this one out as well.
Puke - This goes to Barry Zito, who decided to plunk Prince Fielder in the back in retaliation for Prince's walk-off celebration when the two teams met last September. Prince was obviously a bit irked, but walked to first base just clapping his hands at Zito the whole way. That's the kind of swagger we need on this team. As for Zito, I understand the need to retaliate, but that kind of stuff should come in the regular season and not Spring Training, in my opinion.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Bucks Get Revenge on Clippers
- Suppan's Fake DL Stint Starts Early This Year
- Bill Simmons Keeps Living My Dream
- Hello, Playoffs!
- Bush Gets Whacked
- Bucks Get Back on Track
- Brewers Split Weekend Games
- Well, Greg Jennings Was at The Game
- Where Have the Sabres Posts Gone?
- Not Good...
- Brewers Pitchers Catching Suppanitis
- 24 Clocks Out
- Wrestlemania 26 Predictions
- Welcome Mr. Jackson
- Weeks Shines in Brewers Loss
- MLS Starts Tonight
- 76ers Make it Look Easy
- Winks Thinks on a Bye Week
- Brewers Enjoying Off Day
- Bucks Win After Huge Fourth
- Davis Roughed Up in Loss
- Future of UW-La Crosse Baseball Still in Doubt
- And There Goes Wisconsin
- Quick Look at the Brewers Weekend
- Big Road Win for Bucks
- A Win is A Win
- Suppan Needs to Go
- It's Been a Stressful First Round
- Strikeouts Doom Brewers in Loss
- Bucks Can't Handle Clippers on ESPN
- Leadoff Homer Leads to Victory
- Winks Thinks: The H-O-R-S-E Edition
- Happy St. Patrick's Day
- Narveson Keeps Making His Case
- Gallardo Sharp in Spring Outing
- Thoughts on the New Packers Jersey
- The Andrew Bogut Show
- Bob Uecker Gets WWE Hall of Fame Nomination
- Selection Committee Kind to Wisconsin, Marquette
- Bucks Hold off Pacers
- Pack Resign Trio of Veterans
- Easy as 1, 2, 3....
- Home Runs Flying For Brewers
- Marquette Gets Revenge Against Villanova
- Winks Thinks: The Jim Sorgi Edition
- Brewers Fall to the Padres
- Marquette Escapes Past St. John's
- Statement Win for Bucks
- Collins, Jerseys, and Robert De Niro
- Brewers Take Round One Against Cubs
- First Inning Leads Crew Over Seattle
- Conference Tourney Matchups Are Set
- Daily Drink 2.0
- Starting Five Gives Bucks Win
- Brewers Game Postponed
- Farewell, Aaron Kampman
- Conference Tournaments May Not Mean Much
- Brewers Split Squads Spilt Decisions
- Bucks Stomp the Capital
- Brewers Rough Up Sheets, Lose to A's
- Roll Out the Barrell, The Brewers are Back
- Salmons Leads Bucks Over Wizards
- Winks Thinks: The Oh, Canada Edition
- Marquette Stays the Course
- Would We Want This?
- Skiles Earns Coach of the Month
- Diener on the Move
- Marquette Inching Forward Towards Rankings
- ▼ March (68)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting