You had to figure that after the Brewers scored 36 runs in three games against the Pirates that they would had a hard time producing runs against the Cubs, and that is exactly what happened on Friday night at Miller Park. The Brewers were only able to score just one run to the Cubs' eight, but I think we all know what the problem was in this game. I don't care how many runs the Brewers would have put on up Friday, because Jeff Suppan would have found a way to blow the game. Is that unfair to say? You've seen him pitch for the last three years, you tell me.
Saturday, April 24, 2010 by Winks ·
Suppan went just 4 1/3 innings in this game, giving up ten hits and six runs (five earned) in that time frame. As unimpressive as that line is, I think at this point the Brewers lose as soon as Suppan takes the mound. You can almost feel the mental deflation of the players and the crowd as soon as Suppan steps out on the field. Apparently the Brewers are having internal discussions about his role on the team, and I think now would be a great time for another fake injury to put him on the DL. At this point, I seriously think we as fans need to stop attending games where Jeff Suppan is the starting pitcher.
On the opposite side of the pitching box score, it was another game in which Ryan Dempster owned the Milwaukee Brewers. He and Carlos Marmol combined to give up just the one run, which was a Craig Counsell RBI double (although he was later called out at third on the same play). It was just one of those games that you have to forget about quickly and move on, but then again that's become the mantra of any Jeff Suppan pitched game.
Player of the Game: I'm going to give this again to Manny Parra, who has been pitching very well out of the bullpen. If someone does replace Suppan, I almost don't want it to be Parra because of how well he's adapted to the bullpen role. Parra pitched two innings in this game, allowing no hits and striking out four batters. Nice work.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Three is Not The Magic Number
- It's Not Getting Any Better
- Evans Wins Rookie of the Year
- Road Sweet Road
- Hoffman Blows.... Another Save
- Getting Some Love on Yahoo! Sports
- Pirates Get Their Revenge
- Bob Uecker to the DL
- Don't Mess With Bango
- Home Sweet Home
- Brewers 51, Pirates 4
- The Dream is Over
- Karma Gets Back at Brewers
- John Hammond Wins an Award
- Suppan One Step Closer to Getting Cut
- Three is a Magic Number
- Extreme Rules Predictions
- Cubs Take Another Series
- Packers Keep Adding Depth on Day Three
- NFL Draft Includes Two Badgers
- Cubs Crash Milwaukee's Party
- Where is Michael Redd?
- Packers Add Two on Defense
- Sabres Stay Alive
- March Madness Adds Three (Not 31) Teams
- Brian Bulaga in the Deep Blue Sea
- Brewers Win..... By Twenty
- Scott Skiles is My Coach of The Year
- This Hockey Thing Isn't Working Out Too Well
- Milwaukee Keeps On Rolling
- Josh Smith Owns Bucks Tuesday Night
- Bats Stay Hot Against Pirates
- The Packers Schedule is Finally Here
- Where to Watch the Brewers Tonight
- Bruins Take Series Lead Over Sabres
- Scott Stapp Probably Won't Like This
- When Ten Runs Almost Isn't Enough
- Sabres Lose Vanek, Game Two of Series
- Bucks Never Gave Up in Loss to Hawks
- Nationals Continue to Own Brewers
- Scott Stapp Strikes Again
- Sabres Take Game One
- Milwaukee Finally Hangs On
- Schedule Set For Hawks Series
- Bucks Grab the 6th Seed
- Bucks Survivor Postponed
- Brewers Give Another One Away
- A.J. Pierzynski Rents Space in Ricky Romero's Head...
- Could Prince Fielder End Up a Cubbie?
- Conan Picks TBS
- Hawks Soar Over Bucks
- SOS - Save Our Staff
- Lefty is Seeing Green
- Worst Broadcast Crew Ever
- McGehee Saves Hoffman, Brewers
- Sabres to Face Bruins in First Round
- The Diary of a Badgers Hockey Fan
- A Sign of Things to Come?
- Cardinals Crush Crew
- Brewers Give One Away
- Bucks Just Keep on Winning
- How About a Little Golf?
- Checking in on the Thomas/Gadzuric Experiment
- Brewers Take Series Against Rockies
- Bogutless Bucks Are in Playoffs
- McGehee's Blast Powers Crew
- Brewers Unable to Come Through in Clutch
- Are You Ready!!!
- Bucks Beat Suns, Lose Bogut
- Extraordinary Sadness
- Bobcats Beat Bucks in Overtime
- Wave Going For Title This Weekend
- He Did it Again
- Are You Ready For Some (Arena) Football?
- Brewers Made Play For Dye
- Did You Skip Winks Thinks Again?
- Wolf Roughed Up in Spring Finale
- Bucks Let Cavs Off the Hook
- Packers Preseason Schedule Released
- Brewers Wrap Up Spring Training Today
- ▼ April (80)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting