Monday, April 12, 2010 by Gweedo ·
It was Mike Bibby of all people who scored nine straight points on three straight tray balls in the late first quarter to put the Hawks out in front by a decent margin. The Bucks fought back every quarter, but as the Bucks got close the Hawks would go on anther run. The Bucks just couldn't get over the hump, but they did show a lot of heart. In the second quarter the Bucks cut the Hawks lead to one at 40-39, before Atlanta built a seven point lead at halftime.
In the third quarter the Bucks cut the lead to four at one point down 63-59. Right after that the Hawks got the lead to as big as ten. They finished the quarter up by eight, and things didn't look good for the Bucks. Also while we were in the third quarter we learned that the Heat beat the 76ers to take over the 5th seed in the East, so this was a big game for the Bucks as far as playoff seeding was concerned.
Well, after that news the Bucks still came out flat early in the fourth quarter as the Hawks got out to an early 82-70 lead. I really felt that this one was over when we were down twelve that early. Well I was wrong again as the Bucks the line up of Jennings, Ridnour, Salmons, Delfino, and Thomas worked well together. The only problem is they were very small with these guys in. Either way the Bucks got this game back to a two point game down 89-87 with just under five minutes to go. After that Al Horford and Marvin Williams went to work on the Bucks down low. Those two scored the next nine points all on lay ups except for one Horford free throw. Milwaukee on the other hand was cold in the final five minutes.
With the loss, it looks like Milwaukee will be playing these Hawks in the first round. Anything could happen, but it looks like the Celtics would have to win out to get the three seed. Either team we play it won't be easy, but the Celtics are hurting a little bit so that might be the only plus of playing them. As for the Hawks well Horford did have a tough time with Thomas early so that might be the plus if we play them. With one game left we will know for sure Wednesday night.
Lets check out some highlights from this 104-96 defeat.
* John Salmons continued to lead this team with Bogut out. He finished the night with 28 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists. Salmons is doing a good job of scoring for the Bucks, but someone else needs to step up. Salmons will get the Bucks POTG for his efforts Monday night in Milwaukee.
* Brandon Jennings did score, but took a lot of shots to get all his points. He finished with 21 points, 5 assists, and 4 rebounds. He needs to start hitting more shots, or else drive to the hole to maybe get fouled to get to the line.
* Erson Ilyasova needs to be more physical down low if this team wants to make it far in the playoffs. He was 2-11 from the field, and seemed to get owned every time he drove to the lane. One of the times he drove to the lane for a lay up Joe Smith put the ball in the 12 row of the Bradley Center.
* The Bucks have only scored 100 points once since Bogut has been out. That was against New Jersey, so not sure that even counts. So if this team wants to win they need to play better defense to hold teams to under 100 points.
* All five starters for the Hawks scored in double figures. By now I hope everyone knows that I love when five or more people score double figures for a team. Also it usually means that team wins the game, and that happened again Monday night as the Hawks won.
* Joe Johnson just does work when he faces the Bucks. He did it again Monday as he finished with 31 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 assists. Easy pick for the Hunter of the Night for Monday nights game.
Well the Bucks lost their last two games to teams they they may have to face in the playoffs. That is not a good thing, but this isn't the playoffs yet so lets not be to worried. Also it is good to see that we have been in both these games until late in the fourth quarter. Lets hope that the Bucks can figure out what they need to do to get over the hump, and beat these teams.
On Wednesday night the Bucks finish the regular season against the Boston Celtics. It doesn't matter if its the 5th seed or the 6th seed, because your Milwaukee Bucks will be in the playoffs this year, and maybe they can do some damage. Can't wait to find out.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Three is Not The Magic Number
- It's Not Getting Any Better
- Evans Wins Rookie of the Year
- Road Sweet Road
- Hoffman Blows.... Another Save
- Getting Some Love on Yahoo! Sports
- Pirates Get Their Revenge
- Bob Uecker to the DL
- Don't Mess With Bango
- Home Sweet Home
- Brewers 51, Pirates 4
- The Dream is Over
- Karma Gets Back at Brewers
- John Hammond Wins an Award
- Suppan One Step Closer to Getting Cut
- Three is a Magic Number
- Extreme Rules Predictions
- Cubs Take Another Series
- Packers Keep Adding Depth on Day Three
- NFL Draft Includes Two Badgers
- Cubs Crash Milwaukee's Party
- Where is Michael Redd?
- Packers Add Two on Defense
- Sabres Stay Alive
- March Madness Adds Three (Not 31) Teams
- Brian Bulaga in the Deep Blue Sea
- Brewers Win..... By Twenty
- Scott Skiles is My Coach of The Year
- This Hockey Thing Isn't Working Out Too Well
- Milwaukee Keeps On Rolling
- Josh Smith Owns Bucks Tuesday Night
- Bats Stay Hot Against Pirates
- The Packers Schedule is Finally Here
- Where to Watch the Brewers Tonight
- Bruins Take Series Lead Over Sabres
- Scott Stapp Probably Won't Like This
- When Ten Runs Almost Isn't Enough
- Sabres Lose Vanek, Game Two of Series
- Bucks Never Gave Up in Loss to Hawks
- Nationals Continue to Own Brewers
- Scott Stapp Strikes Again
- Sabres Take Game One
- Milwaukee Finally Hangs On
- Schedule Set For Hawks Series
- Bucks Grab the 6th Seed
- Bucks Survivor Postponed
- Brewers Give Another One Away
- A.J. Pierzynski Rents Space in Ricky Romero's Head...
- Could Prince Fielder End Up a Cubbie?
- Conan Picks TBS
- Hawks Soar Over Bucks
- SOS - Save Our Staff
- Lefty is Seeing Green
- Worst Broadcast Crew Ever
- McGehee Saves Hoffman, Brewers
- Sabres to Face Bruins in First Round
- The Diary of a Badgers Hockey Fan
- A Sign of Things to Come?
- Cardinals Crush Crew
- Brewers Give One Away
- Bucks Just Keep on Winning
- How About a Little Golf?
- Checking in on the Thomas/Gadzuric Experiment
- Brewers Take Series Against Rockies
- Bogutless Bucks Are in Playoffs
- McGehee's Blast Powers Crew
- Brewers Unable to Come Through in Clutch
- Are You Ready!!!
- Bucks Beat Suns, Lose Bogut
- Extraordinary Sadness
- Bobcats Beat Bucks in Overtime
- Wave Going For Title This Weekend
- He Did it Again
- Are You Ready For Some (Arena) Football?
- Brewers Made Play For Dye
- Did You Skip Winks Thinks Again?
- Wolf Roughed Up in Spring Finale
- Bucks Let Cavs Off the Hook
- Packers Preseason Schedule Released
- Brewers Wrap Up Spring Training Today
- ▼ April (80)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting