Tuesday, April 27, 2010 by Gweedo ·
Milwaukee needed to win both home games to get back in their playoff series against the Atlanta Hawks, and that is what they did. The problem in the first two games in Atlanta was they got away from team basketball. Good thing they have a coach like Skiles to make them realize that they need to pass more to create better shots. The series has been all about who wins the first quarter. Well nothing different Monday night as Carlos Delfino put the first quarter in his hands. He scored 13 points, and had a nice dish to Gadzuric for an and one with 44 seconds left. That really got the Bradley Center rocking early.
The second quarter was back and forth, but the Bucks were able to take a four point lead into halftime. The third quarter is when things got good again for the Bucks. Seven different Bucks scored in the quarter as Milwaukee outscored Atlanta 31-24. Seven people scoring in the quarter means one thing and one thing only and that is teamwork. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is the best at cutting to the hole on this team. In the third he played his best basketball of this series, scoring seven of his ten points. Another guy who played his best game of the season is Dan Gadzuric, who made a huge layup at the buzzer to give the Bucks a 85-74 lead after three quarters.
Twelve minutes away from possibly winning game four I was a little nervous, but my boy Jerry Stackhouse from UNC made a nice jumper to start the quarter. Its nice to have a veteran like Stackhouse make a big shot and take some of the pressure off the other guys. The first hoop of the final quarter is always the hardest. The Bucks did run into a road block in the fourth quarter after Gadzuric made a jumper the Bucks went cold for four minutes. Good thing the Hawks didn't catch fire during the Bucks cold streak. The Bucks made 11-12 from the free throw line in the final 1:28 to seal the deal.
Lets check out some highlights from this huge 111-104 Bucks Win!
* Brandon Jennings looked like a seven year pro on the court Monday. This might really be the start of something special with this kid. After the game he talked about how he is still not satisfied with how they played. He isn't giving in to winning a few games at home, he knows they need to go on the road and steal a game form the Hawks. For the game Jennings finished with 23 points, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds.
* John Salmons and Carlos Delfino also played huge roles for the Bucks. They finished with a combined 44 points, with each of them scoring 22, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds. These are two guys that need to pick up some scoring with Bogut out, and they did just that Monday.
* Talk about the team effort as five players scored in double figures for the Bucks. As for the Hawks they only had four who scored in double figures. For a team like Milwaukee having everyone pitch in is key if they want to get victories like they did Monday night.
* Jerry Stackhouse told Josh Smith a very good Restaurant to go to in Milwaukee. Smith went and said he would give it a 5 out of 5, which are kind words for someone who said there is nothing to do in Brew City. After eating a supposedly great meal Smith went out and did work on the Bucks. He kept the Hawks in it as much as he could, but he did have some mental problems that may have cost him. It seemed the Bucks fans got into his head a few times with their constant booing every time he had the ball and that threw his game off a little bit.
* The Bucks were plus ten on made free throws. If you have watched this team all season you know that they don't get the line much, but Monday they went to the hoop strong. Also the Hawks only had two blocks for the game. Blocks are what killed the Bucks in the first two games of this series.
And now we move on to the biggest game of this series, which will be Wednesday in Atlanta at 7:00 central time. This series is going to start fresh for both teams. It will now be a best of three series, with the Hawks getting two home games if you needed a reminder. I know all these stats out there about how the Hawks are just awful on the road in the playoffs, but this Bucks team was very off game one and game two was close. Milwaukee should be able to go Atlanta and put up a good fight. If the Bucks could pull out this game Wednesday I really see this team moving on. Like Jennings said on his Facebook status (go ahead make fun of me for a Facebook reference) "We're not a good playoff team till we win a game on the road." What can I say he has a great point, lets home they are a good playoff team come this time Wednesday night.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Three is Not The Magic Number
- It's Not Getting Any Better
- Evans Wins Rookie of the Year
- Road Sweet Road
- Hoffman Blows.... Another Save
- Getting Some Love on Yahoo! Sports
- Pirates Get Their Revenge
- Bob Uecker to the DL
- Don't Mess With Bango
- Home Sweet Home
- Brewers 51, Pirates 4
- The Dream is Over
- Karma Gets Back at Brewers
- John Hammond Wins an Award
- Suppan One Step Closer to Getting Cut
- Three is a Magic Number
- Extreme Rules Predictions
- Cubs Take Another Series
- Packers Keep Adding Depth on Day Three
- NFL Draft Includes Two Badgers
- Cubs Crash Milwaukee's Party
- Where is Michael Redd?
- Packers Add Two on Defense
- Sabres Stay Alive
- March Madness Adds Three (Not 31) Teams
- Brian Bulaga in the Deep Blue Sea
- Brewers Win..... By Twenty
- Scott Skiles is My Coach of The Year
- This Hockey Thing Isn't Working Out Too Well
- Milwaukee Keeps On Rolling
- Josh Smith Owns Bucks Tuesday Night
- Bats Stay Hot Against Pirates
- The Packers Schedule is Finally Here
- Where to Watch the Brewers Tonight
- Bruins Take Series Lead Over Sabres
- Scott Stapp Probably Won't Like This
- When Ten Runs Almost Isn't Enough
- Sabres Lose Vanek, Game Two of Series
- Bucks Never Gave Up in Loss to Hawks
- Nationals Continue to Own Brewers
- Scott Stapp Strikes Again
- Sabres Take Game One
- Milwaukee Finally Hangs On
- Schedule Set For Hawks Series
- Bucks Grab the 6th Seed
- Bucks Survivor Postponed
- Brewers Give Another One Away
- A.J. Pierzynski Rents Space in Ricky Romero's Head...
- Could Prince Fielder End Up a Cubbie?
- Conan Picks TBS
- Hawks Soar Over Bucks
- SOS - Save Our Staff
- Lefty is Seeing Green
- Worst Broadcast Crew Ever
- McGehee Saves Hoffman, Brewers
- Sabres to Face Bruins in First Round
- The Diary of a Badgers Hockey Fan
- A Sign of Things to Come?
- Cardinals Crush Crew
- Brewers Give One Away
- Bucks Just Keep on Winning
- How About a Little Golf?
- Checking in on the Thomas/Gadzuric Experiment
- Brewers Take Series Against Rockies
- Bogutless Bucks Are in Playoffs
- McGehee's Blast Powers Crew
- Brewers Unable to Come Through in Clutch
- Are You Ready!!!
- Bucks Beat Suns, Lose Bogut
- Extraordinary Sadness
- Bobcats Beat Bucks in Overtime
- Wave Going For Title This Weekend
- He Did it Again
- Are You Ready For Some (Arena) Football?
- Brewers Made Play For Dye
- Did You Skip Winks Thinks Again?
- Wolf Roughed Up in Spring Finale
- Bucks Let Cavs Off the Hook
- Packers Preseason Schedule Released
- Brewers Wrap Up Spring Training Today
- ▼ April (80)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting