Tuesday, April 20, 2010 by Gweedo ·
This picture above shows everyone thinking of a way to slow down Josh Smith. Well no one could think of a way Tuesday night in Atlanta. The guy just did everything to help the Hawks win. He blocked shots, stole balls, dunked on everyone, got crazy rebounds, and assisted many Hawks hoops. You hear all the talk about Joe Johnson being a fee agent, and if he leaves Atlanta this team won't be good anymore. My ass. Don't get me wrong Joe Johnson is a stud, but Smith just loves playing the game and he made a bigger impact on this team tonight.
This game was different from the first game of the series, at least in the first half. The Bucks were actually in this game at halftime. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute came out on fire for the Bucks as he scored eight of the first ten points for the Bucks. Things were looking good, until the Hawks got up 21-12, the same thing they did Saturday night. Well, the Bucks learned their lesson not to get behind early again as they went on a nice 8-0 run to get right back into the game. With 41 seconds left the Bucks trailed 20-22, before playing the worst final 41 seconds ever. Josh Smith scored six points in the final 32 seconds to give Atlanta a 28-20 lead after one.
So far in this series, Milwaukee has been giving up too many scoring runs to the Hawks, who are a team that loves to run. They need to limit the fast break points if they want to win any games in this series. The Hawks have a good half court offense, but they really love to run with this small line up. Al Horford is like a power forward so they really don't start a center. That is another reason I don't really think Kurt Thomas is the best man for the Bucks. I thought I would never say this but maybe Gadzuric would be the best start for the Bucks. Still, Milwaukee played a solid second quarter, and were only down by six at halftime.
The third quarter is when things got out of hand. The game of runs hurt the Bucks again as the Hawks started the second half on a 12-2 run. The Bucks just could not catch a break in the third, as they had shots rim out, and they didn't get any loose balls. It seemed that every ball would some how, some way, end up in the Hawks hands. Atlanta took a 14 point lead into the fourth, and this game looked all but over.
The Bucks cut the lead down to eight with 8:15 left in the quarter, so the Hawks took a timeout. The game never got closer than that the rest of the way. The Bucks did outscore the Hawks in the fourth, but that wasn't enough as the Hawks held on for the 96-86 win. So down 2-0 in the series the Bucks will have to get things going Saturday night if they want to put up a fight.
Ersan Ilyasova had a nice game for the Bucks with 13 points and 15 rebounds. The only problem is while he had a double double at half, he didn't do much in the second half of the game. He needs to be more consistent through out the whole game. Jerry Stackhouse also had 15 points off the bench to keep the Bucks in the game.
As far as the Hawks side of the box score, well it all came from the starters. I talked about Smith who had 21 points, 14 rebounds, and 9 assists. Joe Johnson had 27 points, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds. Those were the top two guys, but the three other starters Horford, Bibby, and Williams all scored in double figures too.
The series is on its way to Milwaukee Saturday night as the Bucks look to turn things around. It doesn't look good right now if your a Bucks fan, but anything could happen. Saturday nights game will be on ESPN at 6:00 Central time.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Three is Not The Magic Number
- It's Not Getting Any Better
- Evans Wins Rookie of the Year
- Road Sweet Road
- Hoffman Blows.... Another Save
- Getting Some Love on Yahoo! Sports
- Pirates Get Their Revenge
- Bob Uecker to the DL
- Don't Mess With Bango
- Home Sweet Home
- Brewers 51, Pirates 4
- The Dream is Over
- Karma Gets Back at Brewers
- John Hammond Wins an Award
- Suppan One Step Closer to Getting Cut
- Three is a Magic Number
- Extreme Rules Predictions
- Cubs Take Another Series
- Packers Keep Adding Depth on Day Three
- NFL Draft Includes Two Badgers
- Cubs Crash Milwaukee's Party
- Where is Michael Redd?
- Packers Add Two on Defense
- Sabres Stay Alive
- March Madness Adds Three (Not 31) Teams
- Brian Bulaga in the Deep Blue Sea
- Brewers Win..... By Twenty
- Scott Skiles is My Coach of The Year
- This Hockey Thing Isn't Working Out Too Well
- Milwaukee Keeps On Rolling
- Josh Smith Owns Bucks Tuesday Night
- Bats Stay Hot Against Pirates
- The Packers Schedule is Finally Here
- Where to Watch the Brewers Tonight
- Bruins Take Series Lead Over Sabres
- Scott Stapp Probably Won't Like This
- When Ten Runs Almost Isn't Enough
- Sabres Lose Vanek, Game Two of Series
- Bucks Never Gave Up in Loss to Hawks
- Nationals Continue to Own Brewers
- Scott Stapp Strikes Again
- Sabres Take Game One
- Milwaukee Finally Hangs On
- Schedule Set For Hawks Series
- Bucks Grab the 6th Seed
- Bucks Survivor Postponed
- Brewers Give Another One Away
- A.J. Pierzynski Rents Space in Ricky Romero's Head...
- Could Prince Fielder End Up a Cubbie?
- Conan Picks TBS
- Hawks Soar Over Bucks
- SOS - Save Our Staff
- Lefty is Seeing Green
- Worst Broadcast Crew Ever
- McGehee Saves Hoffman, Brewers
- Sabres to Face Bruins in First Round
- The Diary of a Badgers Hockey Fan
- A Sign of Things to Come?
- Cardinals Crush Crew
- Brewers Give One Away
- Bucks Just Keep on Winning
- How About a Little Golf?
- Checking in on the Thomas/Gadzuric Experiment
- Brewers Take Series Against Rockies
- Bogutless Bucks Are in Playoffs
- McGehee's Blast Powers Crew
- Brewers Unable to Come Through in Clutch
- Are You Ready!!!
- Bucks Beat Suns, Lose Bogut
- Extraordinary Sadness
- Bobcats Beat Bucks in Overtime
- Wave Going For Title This Weekend
- He Did it Again
- Are You Ready For Some (Arena) Football?
- Brewers Made Play For Dye
- Did You Skip Winks Thinks Again?
- Wolf Roughed Up in Spring Finale
- Bucks Let Cavs Off the Hook
- Packers Preseason Schedule Released
- Brewers Wrap Up Spring Training Today
- ▼ April (80)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting