Sunday, April 25, 2010 by Gweedo ·
Simply put, the Bucks did work on the Hawks in game three at the Bradley Center. They finally played Bucks basketball Saturday night to get a much needed win in their series against the Atlanta Hawks, and this series is still in reach if they can play well Monday night. They had been coming out flat early in the first two games, but Saturday night they decided to set the tone right away. Brandon Jennings played a huge role in that, because he made three tray balls in the first quarter. John Salmons also started making his turn around jumper again to get the Bucks out to a 36-19 lead after one.
The Bucks didn't shoot well at all in the second quarter, but they played great defense to keep a lead. This was the first time in the series that the Bucks seemed to be challenging Hawk shots. They also limited the offensive rebounds Saturday night. The Hawks love to do two things, run the fast break also get offense rebounds, and it was good to see the Bucks hold strong. The Bucks only scored 16 points in the second quarter, but still had a 52-40 lead at halftime.
Milwaukee used the tray ball in the third quarter to continue to build up the lead. Milwaukee was 4-8 from downtown in the third quarter. Carlos Delfino, who was cold in the first half, made two huge threes that really got this team going. He also gave the fans something to get loud about, which they did very well. I have to say that the "Red Out" failed, but Squad 6 together with all the other fans were very loud. They really played a role in being the sixth man for the Bucks Saturday.
You could definitely see the crowd having a positive affect on the Bucks too. With 1:36 left in the third quarter Jennings stole the ball from Mike Bibby. He was going to go for a lay up when he decided at the last second that he would pass it behind his back to Stackhouse for the slam. This really gave the Bucks everything they needed to put the Hawks away for good.
The fourth quarter was just an offensive bench scoring fest. This gave the starters a chance to sit and enjoy the a good view from the bench. Also a few of the bench players were making sweet plays which led to Jennings and the crew to be dancing on the sideline. Andrew Bogut was also getting in on Squad 6 chants. If this isn't a TEAM I don't know what is. They don't do anything over the top to offend the other team, but they do have fun.
Lets check out some highlights from the 107-89 beat down the Bucks put on the Hawks.
* Brandon Jennings and John Salmons must lead this team with Bogut out. That is what they did Saturday night. Combined they finished 35 points, 12 assists, and 4 steals. If these two can play well everyone else seems to play better too.
* All five Bucks starters were plus in the +/- category. That is never a bad thing when your starters are on the court being productive.
* The Bucks held the Hawks to 13 fast break points. That is something the Hawks can hurt other teams with when they turn turnovers into points. The Bucks were a little careless with the ball at times, but did a good job of keeping those fast break points down.
* Both teams had five blocks. In the first two games it seemed that the Bucks were getting blocked every shot. Milwaukee seemed to go to the hole stronger Saturday night.
* The Bucks got the line 16 times which is not a huge number, but when you make 15 of those shots that is huge. That means when they got to the line they took advantage of it.
* Every Buck that got into the game scored except Charlie Bell. Ha, go figure. Charlie Bell playing well is like saying Jeff Suppan is going to pitch a gem.
* Josh Smith made fun of Milwaukee, well at least the night life. Now he is not someone that I'm going to praise on this site anymore. Way to go Smith. I really liked you too, until you went all Agent 0 on Milwaukee.
The Bucks are back at it Monday night in the Bradley Center. The boss of the Bucky Channel and former writer Bear are going to the game. They are both undefeated going to Bucks games this year so lets hope they can keep it up. Tip is 7:30 Central time, and the game will only be on FSN unless you do have NBA TV. The Bucks need to tie this series up at two, and this will be a series again. With the way they played on Saturday, I think they might be able to do it.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Three is Not The Magic Number
- It's Not Getting Any Better
- Evans Wins Rookie of the Year
- Road Sweet Road
- Hoffman Blows.... Another Save
- Getting Some Love on Yahoo! Sports
- Pirates Get Their Revenge
- Bob Uecker to the DL
- Don't Mess With Bango
- Home Sweet Home
- Brewers 51, Pirates 4
- The Dream is Over
- Karma Gets Back at Brewers
- John Hammond Wins an Award
- Suppan One Step Closer to Getting Cut
- Three is a Magic Number
- Extreme Rules Predictions
- Cubs Take Another Series
- Packers Keep Adding Depth on Day Three
- NFL Draft Includes Two Badgers
- Cubs Crash Milwaukee's Party
- Where is Michael Redd?
- Packers Add Two on Defense
- Sabres Stay Alive
- March Madness Adds Three (Not 31) Teams
- Brian Bulaga in the Deep Blue Sea
- Brewers Win..... By Twenty
- Scott Skiles is My Coach of The Year
- This Hockey Thing Isn't Working Out Too Well
- Milwaukee Keeps On Rolling
- Josh Smith Owns Bucks Tuesday Night
- Bats Stay Hot Against Pirates
- The Packers Schedule is Finally Here
- Where to Watch the Brewers Tonight
- Bruins Take Series Lead Over Sabres
- Scott Stapp Probably Won't Like This
- When Ten Runs Almost Isn't Enough
- Sabres Lose Vanek, Game Two of Series
- Bucks Never Gave Up in Loss to Hawks
- Nationals Continue to Own Brewers
- Scott Stapp Strikes Again
- Sabres Take Game One
- Milwaukee Finally Hangs On
- Schedule Set For Hawks Series
- Bucks Grab the 6th Seed
- Bucks Survivor Postponed
- Brewers Give Another One Away
- A.J. Pierzynski Rents Space in Ricky Romero's Head...
- Could Prince Fielder End Up a Cubbie?
- Conan Picks TBS
- Hawks Soar Over Bucks
- SOS - Save Our Staff
- Lefty is Seeing Green
- Worst Broadcast Crew Ever
- McGehee Saves Hoffman, Brewers
- Sabres to Face Bruins in First Round
- The Diary of a Badgers Hockey Fan
- A Sign of Things to Come?
- Cardinals Crush Crew
- Brewers Give One Away
- Bucks Just Keep on Winning
- How About a Little Golf?
- Checking in on the Thomas/Gadzuric Experiment
- Brewers Take Series Against Rockies
- Bogutless Bucks Are in Playoffs
- McGehee's Blast Powers Crew
- Brewers Unable to Come Through in Clutch
- Are You Ready!!!
- Bucks Beat Suns, Lose Bogut
- Extraordinary Sadness
- Bobcats Beat Bucks in Overtime
- Wave Going For Title This Weekend
- He Did it Again
- Are You Ready For Some (Arena) Football?
- Brewers Made Play For Dye
- Did You Skip Winks Thinks Again?
- Wolf Roughed Up in Spring Finale
- Bucks Let Cavs Off the Hook
- Packers Preseason Schedule Released
- Brewers Wrap Up Spring Training Today
- ▼ April (80)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting