Ah...... sigh. You know, baseball is such a game of swings and streaks, but that still doesn't make stretches of consecutive losses like this any easier. After Monday night's 6-3 loss to the Reds in Cincinnati, you can make that seven straight losses for the Crew. At this point, sports directors all over the state are gathering as much Willie Randolph footage as possible, just in case, you know, the Brewers try to do something about all this.
Monday, May 17, 2010 by Winks ·
I don't actually see Ken Macha getting fired, at least not at this point in the season. But something has to change, but things are just getting downright brutal at this point. The one positive about all of this is that even as the Brewers are struggling, so is the rest of the NL Central. Technically Milwaukee lost to the division's first place team tonight, but this is the Reds we're talking about. Don't expect them to be in first place for long, but then again don't expect the rest of the NL Central to struggle forever either. The Brewers have to start to turn things around.
Another positive thing here is that the Brewers did get a decent start from their starting pitching in Yovani Gallardo, although he still was unable to go more than six innings. Gallardo threw 120 times during those six frames, but he did step up when he needed to including getting out of a bases loaded jam in the sixth inning. Gallardo gave up just the one run, and the Brewers were in the game when he exited, which is all you can really ask for.
As we've talked about before though, if the bullpen does well it's after the starters have struggled, and after the starters do well it's the bullpen that collapses. The latter happened on Monday, as Todd Coffey gave up not one, not two, but five runs in the seventh inning and that was pretty much your ballgame. Suppan ate up some time after that, but Coffey's struggles cost the team on Monday.
The Brewers only plated just three runs in this game, but this was a game where they were thrown out at home plate... twice. One man who did cross the plate twice though was Corey Hart, who had two home runs in the contest. I know one of my cardinal rules is to not bring up my fantasy teams, but I just traded Corey Hart away! Sad, but good for Corey. Let's give him a bone and give him the POTG.
It's a short series for the two teams, as the second and final game will be an early one tomorrow starting at 11:35 Wisconsin time. Manny Parra will get the start against my boy Homer Bailey. Please don't lose this one for us Manny, because I really don't want to pull out the lazy "Eight is Enough" headline for when the Brewers lose.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Changes May Be Coming to Lambeau
- Watch Jeff Suppan Cheat Death Again
- It's Macha's Turn to Be Criticized
- Do the Admirable Thing, Jeff Suppan. Quit.
- U.S. Knocks Off Turkey in Tune-Up
- Corey Hart is On Fire
- Farewell (Again), Claudio Vargas
- Desmond Howard Has a Good Life
- Gallardo Goes Complete, Cappy Called Up
- Bucks Survivor: Round Seven
- Bucks. It's Whats for Dinner.
- Sampson the Next Cavs Coach?
- Weeks Walks Brewers to Victory
- My Q&A With Pocket Doppler
- Bucky Does a Podcast
- MacGruber > Watching Brewers Lose to Houston
- Season Likely Over For Zaunbie Nation
- The Squad is Set
- We've Got a Winning Streak!
- U.S. Falls to Czech, Roster Cuts to Come
- Bucks Survivor: Round Six
- Braun, Brewers Earning All-Star Votes
- Gulp... We're on Twitter
- Let's Hope This is The Turnaround
- Here Comes The End
- WWE Predictions: Over The Limit
- Time to Start Getting Excited for the World Cup
- It's Finally Over
- Random YouTube Video
- Look at These Things!
- Unhappy Birthday
- Jennings on Lopez Tonight
- Bucks Survivor: Round Five
- Things Are Somehow Getting Worse
- Lottery Goes on Without Bucks
- Bucks Check Out Hughes
- Farewell, Youssoupha Mbao
- At Least We Didn't Lose at Home Again
- Parra Gets the Start
- Rock Bottom Came Early This Season
- They Lost Again
- Bucks Survivor: Round Four
- The Hits Keep Coming... Off Brewers Pitching
- Hawks Won't Resign Mike Woodson
- Iron on NFL Network Tonight
- LeBron James is a Quitter
- Chris Capuano's Line
- Royals Doomed For Years of Disappointment
- America's 30-Man World Cup Roster
- Big Ten / ACC Challenge Set
- Quick Congrats to the Gamblers
- Milwaukee is Home Again for Braves
- Cushing Retains His ROY Honor
- Bucks Survivor: Round Three
- Braves Dominate Brewers, Again
- Capuano Heads to Nashville
- Young Money on Rome is Burning
- Brewers Struggle Again at Home
- Another Chance for Clay
- Milwaukee Gets the Sweep
- Gerut Hits for Cycle
- Wild, Wild West
- Bucks Suvivor: Round Two
- Hawkins Ruined My Buzz
- Good News About Bogut
- In Case You Missed It...
- NHL Playoff Update, Wisconsin Style
- I Can't Even Get Hired for Jury Duty
- Greg Jennings Breaking into Primetime
- Here's a Borderline Post
- Brewers Continue to Play Streakiest Baseball Ever
- Bucks Survivor: Season Three
- Padres Blank Brewers, Again
- Seasons Over
- Gallardo Does it All
- 22 and Counting...
- ▼ May (77)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting