When Doug Melvin traded Tony Gwynn Jr. away for Jody Gerut, we as Brewers fans rejoiced because we actually got a return on the flop that was TGJ. In Gerut, we got a guy who Melvin has been salivating over for years, always trying to find a way to add him to his ballclub. But Gerut really hasn't done much in his time in Milwaukee, so far turning out to be nothing more than a fifth outfielder with occasional spot start potential.
Sunday, May 9, 2010 by Winks ·
But Gerut got the start on Saturday night against the Diamondbacks, after Ken Macha claims to have flipped a coin between him and Corey Hart to see who would start. Either way, he made the right call as Jody Gerut hit a home run, a single, followed by a triple and then in a double. In baseball, that's what we call hitting for the cycle, and Gerut became just the sixth Brewer in history to do so. He's the first member of the Crew to hit for the cycle since Chad Moeller in 2004. Pretty elite company if you ask me.
Gerut's cycle was just part of yet another offensive outburst delivered by the Milwaukee Brewers, as they routed the Arizona Diamondbacks 17-3. I love seeing the Brewers score this many times in so many different games, but their lack of consistency is what is holding them back from being an above .500 team right now. That being said, this team seems to be on the up and up rather than in a downward spiral, so I'm not too worried. Still, scoring this many runs in a few select games mean nothing if you can't bring that attack to the plate every night.
Other offensive highlights for Milwaukee include a 4-RBI performance from Ryan Braun, who also his hit 6th home run of the season. Braun is playing at an MVP like pace right now, and he's really settled in defensively as well. Casey McGehee and George Kottaras each chipped in with 2 RBI, and Randy Wolf had one as well. Not a bad night for Wolf on the mound, either, as he picked up his third win of the season.
After struggling against the Padres to start the West Coast trip, the Brewers have now won series against the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. They'll go for the sweep later today, with first pitch set for 3:05pm, with Chris Narveson on the bump for the Crew. Mitch Stetter will also be in uniform for Milwaukee today, as LaTroy Hawkins has been placed on the Disabled List.
POTG: Jody Gerut.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Changes May Be Coming to Lambeau
- Watch Jeff Suppan Cheat Death Again
- It's Macha's Turn to Be Criticized
- Do the Admirable Thing, Jeff Suppan. Quit.
- U.S. Knocks Off Turkey in Tune-Up
- Corey Hart is On Fire
- Farewell (Again), Claudio Vargas
- Desmond Howard Has a Good Life
- Gallardo Goes Complete, Cappy Called Up
- Bucks Survivor: Round Seven
- Bucks. It's Whats for Dinner.
- Sampson the Next Cavs Coach?
- Weeks Walks Brewers to Victory
- My Q&A With Pocket Doppler
- Bucky Does a Podcast
- MacGruber > Watching Brewers Lose to Houston
- Season Likely Over For Zaunbie Nation
- The Squad is Set
- We've Got a Winning Streak!
- U.S. Falls to Czech, Roster Cuts to Come
- Bucks Survivor: Round Six
- Braun, Brewers Earning All-Star Votes
- Gulp... We're on Twitter
- Let's Hope This is The Turnaround
- Here Comes The End
- WWE Predictions: Over The Limit
- Time to Start Getting Excited for the World Cup
- It's Finally Over
- Random YouTube Video
- Look at These Things!
- Unhappy Birthday
- Jennings on Lopez Tonight
- Bucks Survivor: Round Five
- Things Are Somehow Getting Worse
- Lottery Goes on Without Bucks
- Bucks Check Out Hughes
- Farewell, Youssoupha Mbao
- At Least We Didn't Lose at Home Again
- Parra Gets the Start
- Rock Bottom Came Early This Season
- They Lost Again
- Bucks Survivor: Round Four
- The Hits Keep Coming... Off Brewers Pitching
- Hawks Won't Resign Mike Woodson
- Iron on NFL Network Tonight
- LeBron James is a Quitter
- Chris Capuano's Line
- Royals Doomed For Years of Disappointment
- America's 30-Man World Cup Roster
- Big Ten / ACC Challenge Set
- Quick Congrats to the Gamblers
- Milwaukee is Home Again for Braves
- Cushing Retains His ROY Honor
- Bucks Survivor: Round Three
- Braves Dominate Brewers, Again
- Capuano Heads to Nashville
- Young Money on Rome is Burning
- Brewers Struggle Again at Home
- Another Chance for Clay
- Milwaukee Gets the Sweep
- Gerut Hits for Cycle
- Wild, Wild West
- Bucks Suvivor: Round Two
- Hawkins Ruined My Buzz
- Good News About Bogut
- In Case You Missed It...
- NHL Playoff Update, Wisconsin Style
- I Can't Even Get Hired for Jury Duty
- Greg Jennings Breaking into Primetime
- Here's a Borderline Post
- Brewers Continue to Play Streakiest Baseball Ever
- Bucks Survivor: Season Three
- Padres Blank Brewers, Again
- Seasons Over
- Gallardo Does it All
- 22 and Counting...
- ▼ May (77)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting