Before I remind you that the Brewers are currently the second worst team in the NL, and they are currently in a series against the worst team in the NL, let's celebrate this two-game winning streak. Okay, now again, the Houston Astros are the worst team in the National League, so beating them is kind of like, well, how other teams have to fell when they beat us. But still, a win is a win and the Brewers got one on Tuesday night, and that this point that's all we can really ask for.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 by Winks ·
Why did the Brewers win this game? Well, there was really no way they couldn't have, because finally everything clicked. The pitching was solid, the bullpen was handy enough, and the offense was right where it needed to be. The highlight though of this 6-1 win against the Astros was when Yovani Gallardo pinch hit in the 8th inning, because when was the last time you saw Gallardo in an 8th inning? All snide jokes aside, the starter in this one Randy Wolf did go seven, something you still don't see out of this staff that often. In those seven innings, Wolf gave up just four hits and struck out three batters, and anytime a pitcher does that for this team they are almost a lock for our Player of the Game.
After Wolf, the bullpen was serviceable. Carlos Villanueva came into the game in the 8th inning and didn't allow any runs. Then, after the Brewers extended their lead, Todd Coffey gave up one run but did close out the ninth. No signs from Zach Braddock, Trevor Hoffman, or John Axford, and I still haven't seen any official word as to who the closer will be. One has to assume at this point Axford is going to get the next shot, we'll likely find out later in the week.
At the dish tonight, the Brewers got a 2-run shot from Ryan Braun in the first inning and they never looked back. They tacked on four more runs in the 8th, courtesy of a 2-run shot from Rickie Weeks as well as RBI from Alcides Escobar and Casey McGehee. In total, it was a complete game, the kind of game we've seen too little of so far this Brewers season.
Milwaukee is back at it on Wednesday night at 7:10pm, hoping to get their first series victory in weeks. Chris Narveson will get the call against some tough competition, as the Brewers could be facing Roy Oswalt in an Astros uniform for the last time.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Changes May Be Coming to Lambeau
- Watch Jeff Suppan Cheat Death Again
- It's Macha's Turn to Be Criticized
- Do the Admirable Thing, Jeff Suppan. Quit.
- U.S. Knocks Off Turkey in Tune-Up
- Corey Hart is On Fire
- Farewell (Again), Claudio Vargas
- Desmond Howard Has a Good Life
- Gallardo Goes Complete, Cappy Called Up
- Bucks Survivor: Round Seven
- Bucks. It's Whats for Dinner.
- Sampson the Next Cavs Coach?
- Weeks Walks Brewers to Victory
- My Q&A With Pocket Doppler
- Bucky Does a Podcast
- MacGruber > Watching Brewers Lose to Houston
- Season Likely Over For Zaunbie Nation
- The Squad is Set
- We've Got a Winning Streak!
- U.S. Falls to Czech, Roster Cuts to Come
- Bucks Survivor: Round Six
- Braun, Brewers Earning All-Star Votes
- Gulp... We're on Twitter
- Let's Hope This is The Turnaround
- Here Comes The End
- WWE Predictions: Over The Limit
- Time to Start Getting Excited for the World Cup
- It's Finally Over
- Random YouTube Video
- Look at These Things!
- Unhappy Birthday
- Jennings on Lopez Tonight
- Bucks Survivor: Round Five
- Things Are Somehow Getting Worse
- Lottery Goes on Without Bucks
- Bucks Check Out Hughes
- Farewell, Youssoupha Mbao
- At Least We Didn't Lose at Home Again
- Parra Gets the Start
- Rock Bottom Came Early This Season
- They Lost Again
- Bucks Survivor: Round Four
- The Hits Keep Coming... Off Brewers Pitching
- Hawks Won't Resign Mike Woodson
- Iron on NFL Network Tonight
- LeBron James is a Quitter
- Chris Capuano's Line
- Royals Doomed For Years of Disappointment
- America's 30-Man World Cup Roster
- Big Ten / ACC Challenge Set
- Quick Congrats to the Gamblers
- Milwaukee is Home Again for Braves
- Cushing Retains His ROY Honor
- Bucks Survivor: Round Three
- Braves Dominate Brewers, Again
- Capuano Heads to Nashville
- Young Money on Rome is Burning
- Brewers Struggle Again at Home
- Another Chance for Clay
- Milwaukee Gets the Sweep
- Gerut Hits for Cycle
- Wild, Wild West
- Bucks Suvivor: Round Two
- Hawkins Ruined My Buzz
- Good News About Bogut
- In Case You Missed It...
- NHL Playoff Update, Wisconsin Style
- I Can't Even Get Hired for Jury Duty
- Greg Jennings Breaking into Primetime
- Here's a Borderline Post
- Brewers Continue to Play Streakiest Baseball Ever
- Bucks Survivor: Season Three
- Padres Blank Brewers, Again
- Seasons Over
- Gallardo Does it All
- 22 and Counting...
- ▼ May (77)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting