You know what, I've decided I'm not going to gloat about this. I've been about as hard as you can be on Jeff Suppan during the last few years, and I suppose that I can lighten up on him now that's he finally been released from the Milwaukee Brewers. You know, Jeff Suppan the person is not a bad guy. I've met him before, he was very friendly, and of course we all know that he's been generous to charities and in the community. But he's just no longer a major league pitcher, and the time had come that he had to be released.
Monday, June 7, 2010 by Winks ·
Actually, the time had come probably two years ago, but when you pay a guy $42 million over four years, it's hard to just cut ties with him so suddenly. But there was just no way to justify keeping this guy on the roster anymore, and as stubborn as Doug Melvin is he finally realized that fact. This year, in mostly mop-up duty even, Suppan went 0-2 with a 7.84 ERA. He was given a chance about a week ago against the Mets when Macha put him in when the game was tied at three in the sixth, but predictably Suppan struggled and the Brewers lost the game. For many, that was our final straw, and Melvin finally agreed.
The release of Jeff Suppan means that Chris Smith will be called up from Nashville. Smith pitched alright when he was up with the club last year, and has been pitching very well so far in Nashville as their closer. It's always a lot better to have guys in your bullpen that you are confident in, and it was apparent that the Brewers had lost all confidence in Jeff Suppan. I'm not sure if any other team is going to pick this guy up or not, but I doubt it. A minor-league contract maybe, but that's stretching it.
One of the reasons why Jeff Suppan was expendable at this point in the season, according to Doug Melvin, was that the Brewers are more comfortable with their pitching depth now than they were at the beginning of the season. It's hard for me to believe that the Brewers have any comfort level with their pitching staff, but to each their own.
Enjoy your $10 million parting bonus there, Jeff.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Brandon Jennings Wins Bucks Survivor
- Another Loss We Can't Really Afford
- King James Coming to The Bucks?
- How "LOST" Should Have Ended
- Brewers Power Back Against Houston
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, June 29th
- Another Reason to Love Brandon Jennings
- Sabres Offseason News
- World Cup Predictions: Tuesday, June 29th
- Nothing Like Making the Astros Look Good
- World Cup Thoughts: Monday, June 28th
- Bucks Putting Together Summer Roster
- How Long Does Donovan Stay in the MLS?
- World Cup Predictions: Monday, June 28th
- Narveson Caps Off Strong Week For Milwaukee
- World Cup Thoughts: Sunday, June 27th
- Look At That, People Do Watch Soccer After All
- World Cup Predictions: Sunday, June 27th
- Streak Ends for Brewers
- This Is Why I Don't Believe in Anything
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, June 26th
- Gimme Five
- World Cup Thoughts: Friday, June 25th
- Jerome Jordan Didn't Last Long
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, June 25th
- Bucks Go Big in Draft
- Yovani Gallardo Is a Good Baseball Player
- World Cup Thoughts: Thursday, June 24th
- Did Thompson Do it Again?
- Is Milwaukee Putting a Run Together?
- World Cup Predictions: Thursday, June 24th
- Agony, Turned to Ecstasy
- Bucks Get Douglas Roberts From Nets
- World Cup Predictions: Wednesday, June 23rd
- Narveson Recovers From Shaky First
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, June 22nd
- Bucks Acquire Maggette
- World Cup Predictions: Tuesday, June 22nd
- This Might Make Your Ears Bleed
- World Cup Thoughts: Monday, June 21st
- Graeme Fashion
- World Cup Predictions: Monday, June 21st
- World Cup Thoughts: June 19th and 20th
- I'm Slowly Losing Interest in the Brewers
- World Cup Predictions: Sunday, June 20th
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, June 19th
- Rockies Blank Brewers
- Comeback, Then Controversy
- Lakers Win Title, Again.
- Erin Hills to Host 2017 U.S. Open
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, June 18th
- I Need Your Help, I Want to Quit Wrestling
- Offseason Packers News
- World Cup Running Diary: Thursday, June 17th
- World Cup Predictions: Thursday, June 17th
- World Cup Thoughts: Wednesday, June 16th
- Angels Prevent Brewers From Sweep
- Bucks Survivor Problem
- Any Chance Hewyard Doesn't Pass Braun?
- Brewers Showing Unexpected Competitiveness
- Bucks News?
- World Cup Predictions: Wednesday, June 16th
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, June 15th
- Happy Birthday Dad
- Announcement: Thursday Column
- World Cup Predictions: Tuesday, June 15th
- A Game Worth Staying Up For
- World Cup Thoughts: Monday, June 14th
- USA vs. England, the Lego Version
- World Cup Predictions: Monday, June 14th
- World Cup Thoughts: Sunday, June 13th
- Prince Fielder is the Player of the Game!
- The Improbable Tie
- World Cup Thoughts: Saturday, June 12th
- Brewers Unable to Convert Chances Against Texas
- USA 1, England 1
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, June 12th
- World Cup Thoughts: Friday, June 11th
- Power Delivers Crew over Rangers
- Bucks Survivor: Round Eleven
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, June 11th
- Stay Tuned For Tons of World Cup Coverage
- Gomez Doesn't Stop Running Towards Victory
- Suppan Back to the Redbirds
- Bucks Becoming a Real NBA Team
- Brewers Stop Their Own Momentum
- Thoughts on Nebraska to the Big Ten
- Heyward Catching Braun in All-Star Race
- McGehee Squeezes One Through the Infield... FTW!
- Bucks Survivor: Round Ten
- Brewers Continue to Build for (Near?) Future
- Brewers Select Dylan Covey
- The Nightmare is Finally Over
- Brewers Salvage Sunday, Drop Series to Cards
- While We're Getting Hammered at a Wedding, Here's ...
- Bucks Survivor: Round Nine
- Capuano's Return Doesn't Spark Brewers
- Braun Still Leading NL Outfielders in Fan Voting
- If Only We Had Five Yovani Gallardos
- Baseball Needs Instant Replay, Immediately
- Bucks Survivor: Round Eight
- Running Out of Ways to Describe Losses
- Ahman Green to the UFL?
- ▼ June (103)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting