Group C - United States vs. Algeria - 9:00am - ESPN
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 by Winks ·
Well, this is it. The United States would have been more than happy if they were told six months ago that all they would have to do to get to the round of 16 was to beat Algeria. But now, they have to go out and actually do it. It may not be as easy as we would like to think is, especially with how solid Algeria looked in their draw last week against England. But if the school of thought is that Algeria has already played their best game while the Americans haven't, then I think we're going to be in for a treat. This United States team has had a lot of time to think about how their game against Slovenia ended, from the comeback right down to the disallowed goal. I think Bob Bradley has them more ready than they've ever been, and come out firing with their backs on the line.
You saw this team do something similar like this last year in the Confederations Cup, when in their last game of group play they had like a .5 percent chance to advance, but came out blazing anyway knocking off Egypt 3-0. Sure enough, they found themselves advancing where they then upset Spain and lead Brazil 2-0 at halftime. There is a difference between teams that can get the victory and teams that will get the victory, and I think this is a United States team that will get it done. All they have to do is just not give up a stupid goal early, and come out attacking right away, and this will be a good morning.
United States 3, Algeria 0
Group C - England vs. Slovenia - 9:00am - ESPN2
Assuming the Americans do win, England is going to need a victory to advance as well. As we've seen, this Slovenian team is nothing to take lightly, but again, I think we've seen Slovenia play their best game already, while we definitely haven't from England. I'm kind of rooting for Slovenia to win, because if so the Americans would take second in the group and I'll have a better chance of watching them play, but the U.S. would have a better chance to make some noise if we won the group, so we should be rooting for the English side. I can easily see England just getting a draw here and going home a complete disappointment, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and see them through.
England 1, Slovenia 0
Group D - Germany vs. Ghana - 1:30pm - ESPN
This really is going to be an incredible day of soccer. Both Ghana and Germany would be the qualifiers of this group right now, but there is still one more contest to be played. Every team, including Serbia and Australia, are still alive in this group, and I'm really pulling for Ghana here because we may not see any one of the six African teams advance into the round of 16, which would really be a shame. But, I don't know, I think Germany figures things back out and gets the victory here. Ghana's fate would then rest on the outcome of the Serbia and Australia game.
Germany 2, Ghana 1
Group D - Serbia vs. Australia - 1:30pm - ESPN
Australia kept themselves alive in this tournament with a tie against Ghana, while Serbia kept themselves in the race by knocking off Deutschland. Both teams have a lot at stake here, but I think it ends up turning into more of a chess match with neither team either to break through for a victory. I'm going with a tie here, a result which would send Ghana through, as long as they don't lose by more than one goal. This is the second day in the row where my predictions have turned into me basically making things play out in favor of an African squad, but I fear I'll be wrong again here.
Australia 1, Serbia 1
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Brandon Jennings Wins Bucks Survivor
- Another Loss We Can't Really Afford
- King James Coming to The Bucks?
- How "LOST" Should Have Ended
- Brewers Power Back Against Houston
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, June 29th
- Another Reason to Love Brandon Jennings
- Sabres Offseason News
- World Cup Predictions: Tuesday, June 29th
- Nothing Like Making the Astros Look Good
- World Cup Thoughts: Monday, June 28th
- Bucks Putting Together Summer Roster
- How Long Does Donovan Stay in the MLS?
- World Cup Predictions: Monday, June 28th
- Narveson Caps Off Strong Week For Milwaukee
- World Cup Thoughts: Sunday, June 27th
- Look At That, People Do Watch Soccer After All
- World Cup Predictions: Sunday, June 27th
- Streak Ends for Brewers
- This Is Why I Don't Believe in Anything
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, June 26th
- Gimme Five
- World Cup Thoughts: Friday, June 25th
- Jerome Jordan Didn't Last Long
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, June 25th
- Bucks Go Big in Draft
- Yovani Gallardo Is a Good Baseball Player
- World Cup Thoughts: Thursday, June 24th
- Did Thompson Do it Again?
- Is Milwaukee Putting a Run Together?
- World Cup Predictions: Thursday, June 24th
- Agony, Turned to Ecstasy
- Bucks Get Douglas Roberts From Nets
- World Cup Predictions: Wednesday, June 23rd
- Narveson Recovers From Shaky First
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, June 22nd
- Bucks Acquire Maggette
- World Cup Predictions: Tuesday, June 22nd
- This Might Make Your Ears Bleed
- World Cup Thoughts: Monday, June 21st
- Graeme Fashion
- World Cup Predictions: Monday, June 21st
- World Cup Thoughts: June 19th and 20th
- I'm Slowly Losing Interest in the Brewers
- World Cup Predictions: Sunday, June 20th
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, June 19th
- Rockies Blank Brewers
- Comeback, Then Controversy
- Lakers Win Title, Again.
- Erin Hills to Host 2017 U.S. Open
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, June 18th
- I Need Your Help, I Want to Quit Wrestling
- Offseason Packers News
- World Cup Running Diary: Thursday, June 17th
- World Cup Predictions: Thursday, June 17th
- World Cup Thoughts: Wednesday, June 16th
- Angels Prevent Brewers From Sweep
- Bucks Survivor Problem
- Any Chance Hewyard Doesn't Pass Braun?
- Brewers Showing Unexpected Competitiveness
- Bucks News?
- World Cup Predictions: Wednesday, June 16th
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, June 15th
- Happy Birthday Dad
- Announcement: Thursday Column
- World Cup Predictions: Tuesday, June 15th
- A Game Worth Staying Up For
- World Cup Thoughts: Monday, June 14th
- USA vs. England, the Lego Version
- World Cup Predictions: Monday, June 14th
- World Cup Thoughts: Sunday, June 13th
- Prince Fielder is the Player of the Game!
- The Improbable Tie
- World Cup Thoughts: Saturday, June 12th
- Brewers Unable to Convert Chances Against Texas
- USA 1, England 1
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, June 12th
- World Cup Thoughts: Friday, June 11th
- Power Delivers Crew over Rangers
- Bucks Survivor: Round Eleven
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, June 11th
- Stay Tuned For Tons of World Cup Coverage
- Gomez Doesn't Stop Running Towards Victory
- Suppan Back to the Redbirds
- Bucks Becoming a Real NBA Team
- Brewers Stop Their Own Momentum
- Thoughts on Nebraska to the Big Ten
- Heyward Catching Braun in All-Star Race
- McGehee Squeezes One Through the Infield... FTW!
- Bucks Survivor: Round Ten
- Brewers Continue to Build for (Near?) Future
- Brewers Select Dylan Covey
- The Nightmare is Finally Over
- Brewers Salvage Sunday, Drop Series to Cards
- While We're Getting Hammered at a Wedding, Here's ...
- Bucks Survivor: Round Nine
- Capuano's Return Doesn't Spark Brewers
- Braun Still Leading NL Outfielders in Fan Voting
- If Only We Had Five Yovani Gallardos
- Baseball Needs Instant Replay, Immediately
- Bucks Survivor: Round Eight
- Running Out of Ways to Describe Losses
- Ahman Green to the UFL?
- ▼ June (103)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting