Sunday, June 13, 2010 by Winks ·
I really did want to get up for this game at 6am this morning, but when you go to bed at 4:30am you can all but rule out that from happening. After the U.S. tied England, this result had huge implications because if either team won they would take the lead in Group C. The hope for us was that these two teams would tie and level the playing field all around, but Slovenia got the victory. The game was scoreless until the 79th minute, when Robert Koren was able to put on into the net. Things opened up a big for the Slovenian attack after an Algerian hand ball in the box sent one defender off with a red card. All Slovenia really needs to do now is get a point against either us or England, and they could be on their way towards advancing. I'm actually quite worried about a let down for the Americans when we play them on Friday, but hopefully we can take care of business.
Ghana 1, Serbia 0
The second game of the day followed a similar format to the first game, as the two sides played scoreless until another red card changed the pace of the game in the 74th minute. Serbia's Aleksander Lukovic was sent off and then the officials sided with Ghana even more ten minutes later, when Ghana was given a penalty kick. Asamoah Gyan converted the shot and Ghana became the first African country to win on African soil in a World Cup. It was a moment that really united the entire continent, although a terribly upsetting afternoon for the Serbs. Ghana should have a pretty good shot at qualifying, Serbia looks to already be done.
Germany 4, Australia 0
Honestly, if I would have been sober enough to drum up some predictions last night I think that I would have gone with 4-0 as a final outcome in this game. Australia looked pretty weak in their tune up against the Americans last weekend, and Germany took full advantage of their opportunity today scoring right away in the eighth minute. Germany got goals from familiar names in Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose, as well as Cacau and Thomas Muller. The u in his name actually has umlauts over it, but I'm not sure how to do that. Regardless, Germany looked very strong and I see a deep run for them this month.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Brandon Jennings Wins Bucks Survivor
- Another Loss We Can't Really Afford
- King James Coming to The Bucks?
- How "LOST" Should Have Ended
- Brewers Power Back Against Houston
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, June 29th
- Another Reason to Love Brandon Jennings
- Sabres Offseason News
- World Cup Predictions: Tuesday, June 29th
- Nothing Like Making the Astros Look Good
- World Cup Thoughts: Monday, June 28th
- Bucks Putting Together Summer Roster
- How Long Does Donovan Stay in the MLS?
- World Cup Predictions: Monday, June 28th
- Narveson Caps Off Strong Week For Milwaukee
- World Cup Thoughts: Sunday, June 27th
- Look At That, People Do Watch Soccer After All
- World Cup Predictions: Sunday, June 27th
- Streak Ends for Brewers
- This Is Why I Don't Believe in Anything
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, June 26th
- Gimme Five
- World Cup Thoughts: Friday, June 25th
- Jerome Jordan Didn't Last Long
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, June 25th
- Bucks Go Big in Draft
- Yovani Gallardo Is a Good Baseball Player
- World Cup Thoughts: Thursday, June 24th
- Did Thompson Do it Again?
- Is Milwaukee Putting a Run Together?
- World Cup Predictions: Thursday, June 24th
- Agony, Turned to Ecstasy
- Bucks Get Douglas Roberts From Nets
- World Cup Predictions: Wednesday, June 23rd
- Narveson Recovers From Shaky First
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, June 22nd
- Bucks Acquire Maggette
- World Cup Predictions: Tuesday, June 22nd
- This Might Make Your Ears Bleed
- World Cup Thoughts: Monday, June 21st
- Graeme Fashion
- World Cup Predictions: Monday, June 21st
- World Cup Thoughts: June 19th and 20th
- I'm Slowly Losing Interest in the Brewers
- World Cup Predictions: Sunday, June 20th
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, June 19th
- Rockies Blank Brewers
- Comeback, Then Controversy
- Lakers Win Title, Again.
- Erin Hills to Host 2017 U.S. Open
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, June 18th
- I Need Your Help, I Want to Quit Wrestling
- Offseason Packers News
- World Cup Running Diary: Thursday, June 17th
- World Cup Predictions: Thursday, June 17th
- World Cup Thoughts: Wednesday, June 16th
- Angels Prevent Brewers From Sweep
- Bucks Survivor Problem
- Any Chance Hewyard Doesn't Pass Braun?
- Brewers Showing Unexpected Competitiveness
- Bucks News?
- World Cup Predictions: Wednesday, June 16th
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, June 15th
- Happy Birthday Dad
- Announcement: Thursday Column
- World Cup Predictions: Tuesday, June 15th
- A Game Worth Staying Up For
- World Cup Thoughts: Monday, June 14th
- USA vs. England, the Lego Version
- World Cup Predictions: Monday, June 14th
- World Cup Thoughts: Sunday, June 13th
- Prince Fielder is the Player of the Game!
- The Improbable Tie
- World Cup Thoughts: Saturday, June 12th
- Brewers Unable to Convert Chances Against Texas
- USA 1, England 1
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, June 12th
- World Cup Thoughts: Friday, June 11th
- Power Delivers Crew over Rangers
- Bucks Survivor: Round Eleven
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, June 11th
- Stay Tuned For Tons of World Cup Coverage
- Gomez Doesn't Stop Running Towards Victory
- Suppan Back to the Redbirds
- Bucks Becoming a Real NBA Team
- Brewers Stop Their Own Momentum
- Thoughts on Nebraska to the Big Ten
- Heyward Catching Braun in All-Star Race
- McGehee Squeezes One Through the Infield... FTW!
- Bucks Survivor: Round Ten
- Brewers Continue to Build for (Near?) Future
- Brewers Select Dylan Covey
- The Nightmare is Finally Over
- Brewers Salvage Sunday, Drop Series to Cards
- While We're Getting Hammered at a Wedding, Here's ...
- Bucks Survivor: Round Nine
- Capuano's Return Doesn't Spark Brewers
- Braun Still Leading NL Outfielders in Fan Voting
- If Only We Had Five Yovani Gallardos
- Baseball Needs Instant Replay, Immediately
- Bucks Survivor: Round Eight
- Running Out of Ways to Describe Losses
- Ahman Green to the UFL?
- ▼ June (103)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting