Tuesday, July 27, 2010 by Winks ·
1) The Brewers might have a shot at the playoffs. Update: They don't.
Nah, this isn't an overreaction to just one game, you'll see me do that in a second. The fact of the matter is the Brewers are just too far back with not enough time to legitimately put a playoff run together much less reach .500. I think .500 has to be the one and only goal at this point, as we would be well to salvage a season that started off so poorly. Sure, this team is good enough to put together a five game win streak every now and then, but they are also poor enough that they would give up 19 hits to the Reds in a game started by their ace.
It was a rough night for Gallardo, who only went 2 2/3 innings while giving up six runs (five earned). He did hit his fourth home run of the year in the contest, so that's something. Still, this 12-4 loss wasn't even a game that the Brewers were taking seriously once the latter innings rolled around. Alcides Escobar in left field. George Kottaras in right. Joe Inglett on the mound? To his credit, Inglett actually pitched a solid no-hit inning, similar to the job we saw Bill Hall do for the Red Sox earlier this season.
Still, as much as we'd love to pretend that the Brewers can still do something magical, we saw tonight that they just aren't the team we wanted them to be this season. Let's build for next year and beyond, without reloaded. I'm not rooting for any particular trade to go down, I just want to see us somehow improve.
POTG: Rickie Weeks
2) The MLS is a credible league. Update: Far from it.
So I've been getting a tad excited this week about the MLS and their play in some of these international friendlies, even though I should be considering that the MLS squads are in midseason form while the European teams are in their preseason right now. After Kansas City's win against Manchester United though, I was all about this league once more (even though that was far from Man U's top squad). On Tuesday night though, the MLS may have seen it's most embarrassing moment in the history of the league.
In a CONCACAF Qualifying match (North American's version of the UEFA tournament), the Los Angeles Galaxy hosted a team from Puerto Rico, a team that is the equivalent to a very poor Double-A baseball team. Puerto Rico won 4-1, with LA's only goal coming from an own goal. So basically, the best team in the MLS lost to a terrible low level squad, at home. The good thing is that nobody cares enough about soccer to know just how truly terrible this loss was for the Galaxy and for the MLS, but I have never been more embarrassed to be a fan of the league than I am tonight. Manchester United is set to take on the all-star team from this league on Wednesday night, a game in which I have lost a lot of interest in after this result.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Deadline Appears to Be Passing By
- Cleveland Sucks
- DJ Steve Porter Gives Us 'Press Hop 2'
- Bigby is Back With The Pack
- Back to Reality For Brewers, Myself
- Reunited and it Feels...
- The Other Night on Entourage...
- Crew Makes it Five in a Row
- Sweep Could Alter Trade Deadline Plans
- Am I the Only One Who Likes the MLS?
- It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year
- Oh, Those Hideous Uniforms
- Rock is King of the Forest
- Let's All Agree That it's Over, Right?
- Uecker Back on Friday
- Don't You Look Like...
- Diener Getting Some Love
- This is Our Last Chance
- One Down, Five to Go
- Bucks Bring in Dooling
- Last Night on Entourage...
- Summer League Recap
- These Next Seven Games Are Deciding the Season
- Johnny Jolly Taking the Year Off, and Then Some
- Brewers 9, Braves 3
- Braves 2, Brewers 1
- Aaron Rodgers, Cover Man
- Bucks 0-2 in Summer League
- Hart, Braun Unremarkable in All-Star Game
- Bucks Start Summer League With Loss
- Batting Stance Guy Does the All-Stars
- Dominican Dominance Eliminates Hart in Derby
- Last Night on Entourage....
- Spain Makes History in World Cup Final
- Brewers Fooling Us With the Sweep
- Stricker Wins John Deere Classic
- World Cup Prediction: World Cup Final
- Diary of a Brewers Win
- World Cup Prediction: Third Place Game
- Party in the City Where the Heat is On
- Big Brother 12 Thoughts
- Where Do We Go From Here? (Redux)
- Where Do We Go From Here?
- World Cup Thoughts: Wednesday, July 7th
- King James is Going To........
- World Cup Prediction: Wednesday, July 7th
- Bumgarner Breezes Against Crew
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, July 6th
- World Cup Prediction: Tuesday, July 6th
- Milwaukee Unable to Cash In Against Giants
- Brewers Sending Three to Midsummer Classic
- World Cup Thoughts: Saturday, July 3rd
- Salmons Is Back
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, July 3rd
- World Cup Thoughts: Friday, July 2nd
- Here's a Brewers Box Score
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, July 2nd
- Wolf, Long Balls Help Crew Win
- Bucks Strike First
- ▼ July (59)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting