My little crusade this week for the Brewers to win six of their seven games against the Pirates and Nationals isn't just some cute little thing I'm doing to get more readership to the blog (because trust me, that's not working), it's more or less an actuality that if this club is going to be competitive they have to start performing. As we get deeper into the season here, it truly looks like a two horse race between the Reds and the Cardinals for the NL Central, and if we want to stake a claim in that race we have to produce. And in a week where wins are an absolute necessity, it's always a thrill to see your beloved Brewers go down by nine runs in the first inning of a ballgame.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 by Winks ·
Dave Bush was having a good couple of weeks for the Brewers, but his off night along with a multitude of errors from the Brewers infield put Milwaukee in a huge hole after the first inning. I'm not sure if I agree that we should "cut the asshole", as Quevedo at the Buffet suggests, but I also don't agree with keeping a pitcher in the game when he's given up nine runs either. But Macha needed a sacrificial lamb, and kept Bushie out there even though he did settle down. Personally, I would have liked to have seen Bush pinch hit for as the Brewers were starting to put a couple of runs together, because what use does a pop-out bunt really provide if you're going to yank him after four innings anyway?
The one positive for the Brewers in this game was that they were able to put up nine runs of their own, although the Pirates did plate a couple of more to win the game 11-9. It was a valiant effort by the Crew, but good losses don't show up in the win column. The Brewers need to figure out a way to win their next five games, otherwise it's sell time. Three out of five won't do, four out of five won't do either. The Brewers needed to win six out of seven games this week and they've already lost one. Time to do the impossible, Milwaukee, otherwise start learning how to say goodbye to some of your favorite players.
POTG: Jim Edmonds, even though he can't run.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Deadline Appears to Be Passing By
- Cleveland Sucks
- DJ Steve Porter Gives Us 'Press Hop 2'
- Bigby is Back With The Pack
- Back to Reality For Brewers, Myself
- Reunited and it Feels...
- The Other Night on Entourage...
- Crew Makes it Five in a Row
- Sweep Could Alter Trade Deadline Plans
- Am I the Only One Who Likes the MLS?
- It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year
- Oh, Those Hideous Uniforms
- Rock is King of the Forest
- Let's All Agree That it's Over, Right?
- Uecker Back on Friday
- Don't You Look Like...
- Diener Getting Some Love
- This is Our Last Chance
- One Down, Five to Go
- Bucks Bring in Dooling
- Last Night on Entourage...
- Summer League Recap
- These Next Seven Games Are Deciding the Season
- Johnny Jolly Taking the Year Off, and Then Some
- Brewers 9, Braves 3
- Braves 2, Brewers 1
- Aaron Rodgers, Cover Man
- Bucks 0-2 in Summer League
- Hart, Braun Unremarkable in All-Star Game
- Bucks Start Summer League With Loss
- Batting Stance Guy Does the All-Stars
- Dominican Dominance Eliminates Hart in Derby
- Last Night on Entourage....
- Spain Makes History in World Cup Final
- Brewers Fooling Us With the Sweep
- Stricker Wins John Deere Classic
- World Cup Prediction: World Cup Final
- Diary of a Brewers Win
- World Cup Prediction: Third Place Game
- Party in the City Where the Heat is On
- Big Brother 12 Thoughts
- Where Do We Go From Here? (Redux)
- Where Do We Go From Here?
- World Cup Thoughts: Wednesday, July 7th
- King James is Going To........
- World Cup Prediction: Wednesday, July 7th
- Bumgarner Breezes Against Crew
- World Cup Thoughts: Tuesday, July 6th
- World Cup Prediction: Tuesday, July 6th
- Milwaukee Unable to Cash In Against Giants
- Brewers Sending Three to Midsummer Classic
- World Cup Thoughts: Saturday, July 3rd
- Salmons Is Back
- World Cup Predictions: Saturday, July 3rd
- World Cup Thoughts: Friday, July 2nd
- Here's a Brewers Box Score
- World Cup Predictions: Friday, July 2nd
- Wolf, Long Balls Help Crew Win
- Bucks Strike First
- ▼ July (59)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting