Tuesday, May 10, 2011 by Winks ·
The Brewers debut for Zach Greinke didn't go exactly according to plan last week against the Atlanta Braves, but his first appearance at Miller Park had to be crowd pleasing enough for the Milwaukee faithful. Greinke only went six innings and was lifted after a pitch count of 89, but he did enough to earn our POTG honors for the night. He struck out nine batters, allowed two runs on five hits, and had zero walks. Give him a couple more starts before we truly see some ace-like performances, but until then it was good to see him come out and have a quality start on Monday.
It should go without saying that he had a little better of a support structure behind him in this one, as the last time he threw for Milwaukee, the defense had three errors while he was on the mound. Although it was long after Greinke was pulled from the contest, Yuniesky Betancourt helped preserve Greinke's win in the eighth inning with a backhanded flip to Rickie Weeks to start a brilliant double play. It was the kind of defensive play you don't see too often out of the Brewers, especially ones named Yuniesky Betancourt. Good on him.
Offensively, the Brewers earned the 4-3 win thanks to a couple of RBI from Rickie Weeks (one via a solo homer), an RBI from Jonathan Lucroy, and a Mat Latos wild pitch that scored Carlos Gomez. The Brewers improve to 15-20 with the win, and you'd like to see this homestand against the Padres and Pirates give them a 4-2 clip at the very least. I'd like to see the Brewers back to .500 by the end of May, if not sooner. A nice homestand, and wins like this one, will help.
Back home for the Crew
Road trip is over at last
Welcome Home, Greinke
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- Forgive Me, I'm Rooting for the Heat
- Stay Away From the NFL Network Tonight
- A Look at the 2012 Super Bowl Odds
- Back on the Road, Back in the Loss Column
- Problems with the Fox UEFA Broadcast
- Brewers Rolling Right Along
- Crew Does it With the Squeeze
- Bucks Survivor: Week Six
- Brew Crew Haiku
- Congrats to Pat and Jane
- Strikeouts, Home Runs, Greinke Does it All
- Brewers Make it Five in a Row
- If This is Your Trunk, You Suck
- Don Gorske Eats a Big Mac out of a Blender
- Let's All Make Sunglasses at Night References
- Sweeps Don't Get More Exciting Than That
- The Bucks Are Not Trading Brandon Jennings
- Two Quick Blog Related Items
- One Pitch, That's All
- Jerry Kelly As The Horned Frog
- Brew Crew Haiku
- How Late Will You Stay up For Your Brewers?
- Nick Gilbert Steals the Show at Draft Lottery
- Badgers to Travel to North Carolina
- Staying Up Late Finally Worth It
- Fond du Lac to Become Center of Media Universe
- Brewers Rebound With Sweep Over Pirates
- Gallardo Delivers When Needed
- A New Anthem For Milwaukee
- Bucks Survivor: Week Four
- Want to Listen to 80 Minutes of Girls Soccer?
- Welcome Back, Blogger!
- Loss Brings Up Doubts About Roenicke
- Tractor Traylor Found Dead
- Brewers Nearly Give Away Sure Victory
- Greinke Enjoys a Miller Park Welcome
- No Rap Today, Back to Haikus
- Brewers Rap 1-0
- Winks is Out of Town
- Not What We Had in Mind
- Swept Under the Rug
- Bucks Survivor: Week Three
- Brew Crew Haiku - Bonus Haiku
- Let's Turn This Around Soon Please
- Rainy Day Post
- Busy Off Day
- Another Tough Night for Gallardo
- This Moment Transcends Everything
- What an Amazing Night
- How the Hell are We Below .500?
- Brew Crew Haiku
- ▼ May (51)
- ► 2010 (734)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting