Sunday, May 22, 2011 by Winks ·
As a bachelor party trip found me in the Wisconsin Dells this weekend, catching portions of the Brewers games this weekend was tough to do. Between the drinking, the golfing, the gambling, the horrendous experience of Dells cab services, the strip clubs (a column focusing on why I hate strip clubs and why the Dells is overrated is definitely in the works) I admittedly didn't see much of the Brewers three-game sweep over the Colorado Rockies. I definitely saw the highlight of the weekend however, Prince's 14th inning blast on Friday night, but this is the kind of series where I wish I would have been able to soak in every moment. Let's catch up on the games that we missed with a round of haikus and some POTG awards.
Friday - Brewers 7, Rockies 6
The Crew tied things late
But the Rockies would not quit
Enter Prince. Game Over.
POTG: Prince Fielder
Saturday - Brewers 3, Rockies 2
Crew takes the quick lead
Marcum in control from there
How good is this guy?
POTG: Shaun Marcum
Sunday - Brewers 3, Rockies 1
Going for the sweep
Crew struggle batting, two hits
Still manage to win
POTG: Randy Wolf
We should also give special love to John Axford, who earned both Saturday and Sunday. What a great overall weekend for this team. They were able to win when they were outhit. They were able to get spectacular performances off the mound. And they were able to fit back and win the one late on Friday. What a sensational series it was, and with it, Milwaukee is now back over .500 at 24-23, 3 1/2 games back in the NL Central.
We did miss the Thursday 1-0 loss to the Padres in our Player of the Game standings, but Chris Narveson picked up the honors for that game.
The Crew is back in action Monday night for a three game set against the Washington Nationals.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- Forgive Me, I'm Rooting for the Heat
- Stay Away From the NFL Network Tonight
- A Look at the 2012 Super Bowl Odds
- Back on the Road, Back in the Loss Column
- Problems with the Fox UEFA Broadcast
- Brewers Rolling Right Along
- Crew Does it With the Squeeze
- Bucks Survivor: Week Six
- Brew Crew Haiku
- Congrats to Pat and Jane
- Strikeouts, Home Runs, Greinke Does it All
- Brewers Make it Five in a Row
- If This is Your Trunk, You Suck
- Don Gorske Eats a Big Mac out of a Blender
- Let's All Make Sunglasses at Night References
- Sweeps Don't Get More Exciting Than That
- The Bucks Are Not Trading Brandon Jennings
- Two Quick Blog Related Items
- One Pitch, That's All
- Jerry Kelly As The Horned Frog
- Brew Crew Haiku
- How Late Will You Stay up For Your Brewers?
- Nick Gilbert Steals the Show at Draft Lottery
- Badgers to Travel to North Carolina
- Staying Up Late Finally Worth It
- Fond du Lac to Become Center of Media Universe
- Brewers Rebound With Sweep Over Pirates
- Gallardo Delivers When Needed
- A New Anthem For Milwaukee
- Bucks Survivor: Week Four
- Want to Listen to 80 Minutes of Girls Soccer?
- Welcome Back, Blogger!
- Loss Brings Up Doubts About Roenicke
- Tractor Traylor Found Dead
- Brewers Nearly Give Away Sure Victory
- Greinke Enjoys a Miller Park Welcome
- No Rap Today, Back to Haikus
- Brewers Rap 1-0
- Winks is Out of Town
- Not What We Had in Mind
- Swept Under the Rug
- Bucks Survivor: Week Three
- Brew Crew Haiku - Bonus Haiku
- Let's Turn This Around Soon Please
- Rainy Day Post
- Busy Off Day
- Another Tough Night for Gallardo
- This Moment Transcends Everything
- What an Amazing Night
- How the Hell are We Below .500?
- Brew Crew Haiku
- ▼ May (51)
- ► 2010 (734)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting