Thursday, May 5, 2011 by Winks ·
You don't need to read this article to know that things are not going well for the Milwaukee Brewers. With their current six-game losing streak, this team is being buried faster than bin Laden (too soon? too lame?). The team is now 13-18, viciously falling behind in the race for the NL Central crown. I know it's still early, I feel like you have to say that this time of the year, but I still think that we're going to look back at this six-game losing streak, or however long it gets, and think that this was either the moment that the team turned it around and overcame adversity or the moment that sunk this team for good. Seriously, it's hard to say something like that in baseball in the first week of May, but every game is as important as the rest of them. You have to win games all throughout the year to become a playoff team. Losing games early counts just as much as losing them late.
Sadly, at no point tonight did I think the Brewers were going to win this ballgame, and ultimately they didn't losing to Atlanta 2-1. It's not that I'm a pessimist - I think my blind optimism during the Packers push to the Super Bowl proves otherwise - but rather you can just get the feel that this isn't the time where things are going to go the Brewers way right now. Shaun Marcum pitched another gem on Thursday, but when your offense is working on six runs in five days you're not going to get too many wins as a pitcher. Nyjer Morgan, just days after coming off of the DL will be placed back on with a fractured left middle finger (silver lining - it could keep Brandon Boggs as a member of this ballclub and their affiliates). This team just isn't clicking right now, and when you're in baseball's largest division (six teams), you don't have a lot of room to wiggle while you're figuring it out.
By no means is this a Chicken Little post, but it's just a statement that this club is vastly underperforming right now. This is gut check time for Milwaukee. Do they continue this road trip by limping into St. Louis and getting embarrassed by the Cardinals? Or do they figure it out a bit and win two, maybe even sweep the series and somewhat salvage this road trip. Again, it's early, but I think we're going to find out what kind of team we have this year in the next couple of days, and more importantly, I think we're going to find out what kind of manager we have in Ron Roenicke over the weekend as well.
Best of luck.
POTG: Shaun Marcum
Marcum throws beauty
Season spiraling away?
Rally those boys, Ron
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- Forgive Me, I'm Rooting for the Heat
- Stay Away From the NFL Network Tonight
- A Look at the 2012 Super Bowl Odds
- Back on the Road, Back in the Loss Column
- Problems with the Fox UEFA Broadcast
- Brewers Rolling Right Along
- Crew Does it With the Squeeze
- Bucks Survivor: Week Six
- Brew Crew Haiku
- Congrats to Pat and Jane
- Strikeouts, Home Runs, Greinke Does it All
- Brewers Make it Five in a Row
- If This is Your Trunk, You Suck
- Don Gorske Eats a Big Mac out of a Blender
- Let's All Make Sunglasses at Night References
- Sweeps Don't Get More Exciting Than That
- The Bucks Are Not Trading Brandon Jennings
- Two Quick Blog Related Items
- One Pitch, That's All
- Jerry Kelly As The Horned Frog
- Brew Crew Haiku
- How Late Will You Stay up For Your Brewers?
- Nick Gilbert Steals the Show at Draft Lottery
- Badgers to Travel to North Carolina
- Staying Up Late Finally Worth It
- Fond du Lac to Become Center of Media Universe
- Brewers Rebound With Sweep Over Pirates
- Gallardo Delivers When Needed
- A New Anthem For Milwaukee
- Bucks Survivor: Week Four
- Want to Listen to 80 Minutes of Girls Soccer?
- Welcome Back, Blogger!
- Loss Brings Up Doubts About Roenicke
- Tractor Traylor Found Dead
- Brewers Nearly Give Away Sure Victory
- Greinke Enjoys a Miller Park Welcome
- No Rap Today, Back to Haikus
- Brewers Rap 1-0
- Winks is Out of Town
- Not What We Had in Mind
- Swept Under the Rug
- Bucks Survivor: Week Three
- Brew Crew Haiku - Bonus Haiku
- Let's Turn This Around Soon Please
- Rainy Day Post
- Busy Off Day
- Another Tough Night for Gallardo
- This Moment Transcends Everything
- What an Amazing Night
- How the Hell are We Below .500?
- Brew Crew Haiku
- ▼ May (51)
- ► 2010 (734)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting