Monday, July 4, 2011 by Winks ·
Throughout this losing streak (six out of the last seven games - which could easily be a seven game losing streak instead), I have been going out of my way to try and stay positive regarding the play of the Milwaukee Brewers. Sure, they struggled against the Yankees, but the way that they were able to come back against the Minnesota Twins on Saturday night earned a lot of good faith with me. However, Milwaukee used that good faith up very quickly, as in their game on Sunday and now in their Monday game against the Diamondbacks, the Brewers blew a 6-1 lead and were the losers in both. At the end of the night the Brewers will still either be in first place or a game behind, which is incredible to me with how bad they've been playing lately (update: St. Louis won 1-0 over Cincinnati, so the Brewers fall one game behind).
The thing that bothers me the most about Monday's 8-6 loss to the Diamondbacks is that this was a game where Shaun Marcum of all people hit a grand slam, and you absolutely can not waste performances like that. Anytime anyone hits a grand slam, especially your pitcher, that really should be a game that you win. Marcum actually gave back all the runs he drove in, giving up four runs in six innings. He did leave with the lead however, so it was up to the bullpen to bring this game home.
Clearly, that did not happen, as the Diamondbacks scored at least one run in every inning from the fourth until the end of the game. The bullpen was an absolute mess on Monday, including (no surprise) Kameron Loe who really does need to be sent down to Nashville or beyond. I feel there are way too many times in recent memory where Brewers fans can notice when a guy is done, but the team themselves can't. I'd be happy to be wrong about Kameron Loe, but there have been no indications from his performances this season that I will be.
If you're the Brewers, you just have to keep taking the field and putting your best foot forward, but there has been enough going on during this recent stretch of games to concern me. The bullpen is losing game after game (we've seen this before, all too many times), Mark Kotsay isn't a big league ballplayer, Casey McGehee has been struggling for so long that it can no longer be considered a slump, we're not getting any production out of the five hole, and we are making too many errors in both the infield and the outfield.
Panic button? Far from. But concerned about the direction of this team? A little bit, yeah.
Marcum hits Grand Slam!
Celebrate good times come on!
Oops, forgot we suck.
POTG: Shaun Marcum
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- Klinsmann Named USMNT Coach
- Brewers Start NL Central Stretch With Sweep
- Packers Cutting Dead Weight
- Bob Bradley Fired
- Brewers Need to Win Without Weeks
- Winks and Wade Chat Packers
- Brew Crew Haiku (Yes, Again)
- Packers Begin Work on 2011 Roster
- The Lockout is Over
- The NL Central Logjam Continues
- Brew Crew Haiku, It's New, For You!
- Crew Hangs On Against Cain, Giants
- I Talk WWE For 30 Minutes... Not Long Enough
- Brewers Unable to Score on Road... Again
- Diamondbacks Can't Extract Win From Saito
- Brewers Get Confused, Win Big on the Road
- NBA Releases Schedule That Won't Be Played
- Brew Crew Haiku
- You Can't Really Tell It's Me, But Whatever!
- I Am Going to Monday Night Raw, and I Love It
- Sole Possession of First, Again, For Now
- Japan Beats U.S. at Own Game
- The Kind of Win We Needed
- Pirates Take Over NL Central Race
- Let's Help Gweeds with His Question
- Back on the Wrong Track
- After 18 Holes of The Open...
- U.S. Women Keep Up Impressive Run
- And Suddenly We Get K-Rod
- All-Star Game Features Milwaukee Firsts
- Pocket Twos Still Beats a Lockout
- Brewers Fade in Home Run Derby
- Your Midseason Fantasy Baseball Update
- Can Stricker Carry Momentum into British?
- Despite the Odds, U.S. Women Prevail
- Another Craig Counsell Out, This Time FTW!
- Milwaukee Falls Apart in Extras
- Kotsay it Ain't So!
- Retro Jerseys Bring Out Another Win
- Women to Face Brazil
- Shit Just Got Real
- The Legacy of Bill Pullman
- Royal Pains Was a Pain to Watch (Hi-Yo!)
- McGehee Remembers Not to Suck For a Moment
- Deep Breath, Brewers Fans
- Alright, Now I'm a Little Pissed
- Twins Flip the Script with Comeback
- Milwaukee Trio to Start in All-Star Game
- Plush Leads Improbable Comeback
- Aaron Rodgers on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Dominant Performance Puts U.S. in Quarterfinals
- The Losing Streak Continues
- ▼ July (52)
- ► 2010 (734)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting