Honestly, I feel as if this was a move that was inevitable, but Bob Bradley has now been officially fired as coach of the U.S. Men's National Soccer Team. Bradley has been the coach of the team since the winter of 2007, and for the most part you'd have to consider his run with the team a success. He had a record of 43-25-12 and under him the team performed quite well in the World Cup of 2010 and the Confederations Cup of 2009. Put the team struggled quite frequently throughout the Gold Cup, including being routed 4-2 against Mexico in the tournament final after they had lead 2-0 in the early stages of the game. It was becoming quite clear that the team had reached it's full potential under Bradley, and that improvement was going to have to come from a different leader.
Bradley was extended after the 2010 World Cup, which was a bit of a surprise in my opinion. While the National Team did perform well last summer, I thought it was quite apparent then that the level of soccer they played in the World Cup was the best that they were going to achieve. But with really no better option to spearhead this team through another summer, Bradley was retained. Since the World Cup, the United States soccer program seems to have plateaued. Whether he wasn't getting through to the guys on the club anymore I don't know, but this was not a team that looked poised to get better any time soon. For that reason, Bradley has been let go and the search is on for a replacement.
The popular choice among American soccer fans would be to see Jurgen Klinsmann take the reigns. Klinsmann is a former soccer star for Germany, and he was the nation's coach during the 2006 World Cup. After resigning shortly thereafter, Klinsmann began a life in America which now includes him serving as a consultant for the MLS club Toronto FC and living in California. You've probably been familiar with him in some regard as well, as he was one of the studio analysts during the 2010 World Cup for ESPN. Sure, there are other options out there, but I think anyone besides Klinsmann would be a disappointment. Just as it was in 2006.
Kudos to Bradley for his time well served, but the United States program had no where left to improve under his tutelage. Let's now go out and find someone who can make that happen.
And let that someone be Jurgen Klinsmann. Ja Wohl!
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- Klinsmann Named USMNT Coach
- Brewers Start NL Central Stretch With Sweep
- Packers Cutting Dead Weight
- Bob Bradley Fired
- Brewers Need to Win Without Weeks
- Winks and Wade Chat Packers
- Brew Crew Haiku (Yes, Again)
- Packers Begin Work on 2011 Roster
- The Lockout is Over
- The NL Central Logjam Continues
- Brew Crew Haiku, It's New, For You!
- Crew Hangs On Against Cain, Giants
- I Talk WWE For 30 Minutes... Not Long Enough
- Brewers Unable to Score on Road... Again
- Diamondbacks Can't Extract Win From Saito
- Brewers Get Confused, Win Big on the Road
- NBA Releases Schedule That Won't Be Played
- Brew Crew Haiku
- You Can't Really Tell It's Me, But Whatever!
- I Am Going to Monday Night Raw, and I Love It
- Sole Possession of First, Again, For Now
- Japan Beats U.S. at Own Game
- The Kind of Win We Needed
- Pirates Take Over NL Central Race
- Let's Help Gweeds with His Question
- Back on the Wrong Track
- After 18 Holes of The Open...
- U.S. Women Keep Up Impressive Run
- And Suddenly We Get K-Rod
- All-Star Game Features Milwaukee Firsts
- Pocket Twos Still Beats a Lockout
- Brewers Fade in Home Run Derby
- Your Midseason Fantasy Baseball Update
- Can Stricker Carry Momentum into British?
- Despite the Odds, U.S. Women Prevail
- Another Craig Counsell Out, This Time FTW!
- Milwaukee Falls Apart in Extras
- Kotsay it Ain't So!
- Retro Jerseys Bring Out Another Win
- Women to Face Brazil
- Shit Just Got Real
- The Legacy of Bill Pullman
- Royal Pains Was a Pain to Watch (Hi-Yo!)
- McGehee Remembers Not to Suck For a Moment
- Deep Breath, Brewers Fans
- Alright, Now I'm a Little Pissed
- Twins Flip the Script with Comeback
- Milwaukee Trio to Start in All-Star Game
- Plush Leads Improbable Comeback
- Aaron Rodgers on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Dominant Performance Puts U.S. in Quarterfinals
- The Losing Streak Continues
- ▼ July (52)
- ► 2010 (734)
- ► 2009 (827)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting