Often I preach about how you guys should really be getting behind the U.S. Men's National Soccer Team, but rarely does anyone listen. Well, half to spite you and half to seriously inform you about this, the MLS playoffs are getting underway tonight. Eight teams have made the playoffs, and they will face each their opponent in a home-and-home series with the winners heading to the Conference Championships, and then the MLS Cup. At this point, I'm pretty sure I've lost most of you.
Thursday, October 29, 2009 by Winks ·
But for those of you still with me, you can check out game one tonight between the Houston Dynamo and the Seattle Sounders tonight at 9:00 Central on ESPN2. A majority of the games will either be on The Deuce or Fox Soccer Channel, the rest you're going to have to hunt for. A complete schedule and guide to their postseason can be found on the league's homepage.
The fact that very little you care about this - I'm sure someone will be anonymously posting "yawn" again to this article - shows me that the MLS wasn't able to capture the excitement they thought they would when they debuted the league after the 1994 World Cup. But the fact that I'm still able to write about the league some thirteen years after it started is enough for me. I thought for sure this league would have flamed out by now, and I'm a soccer guy. So the fact that teams are establishing strong fan bases and turning a profit is very pleasing to me.
As for my team, they actually folded back in 1998, the Tampa Bay Mutiny. Since then, I've juggled between the New York MetroStars (now the Red Bulls), D.C. United, Chicago Fire, New England Revolution, and the Seattle Sounders. I guess I'd like to see Beckham and Donovan win the title together with the Galaxy this season, but overall I'm more a fan of the league than I am of any particular team.
Anyways, it's on tonight if you wanted to watch. Otherwise FX is debuting some show about fantasy football called "The League" tonight at 9:30, which I'll check out but have no hopes for at all. That, or WWE Superstars is on tonight for you. Enjoy your night of television viewing.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- ► 2010 (734)
- Bucks Split Weekend Series
- And I Ask Myself, Well, How Did We Get Here?
- Happy Halloween!
- I've Made The Big Time, I'm on Yahoo! Answers
- Sneak Peak: 24 Season 8
- My Eyes Hath Seen Thy Glory
- Winks Thinks: The Cleveland Show Edition
- NFL Coverage Maps: Week Eight
- Why I'm Rooting For the Yankees
- Previewing the Bucks
- Packers Receivers Are Hurting a Bit
- Cleveland, You Cold-Hearted Bitch
- The Bucky Channel is Headed to The Cleve
- Bucks Smoke T-Wolves, Get Smoked by Bobcats
- Ahman Green is Back After All
- NFL Coverage Maps: Week Seven
- Ahman Green Sighting in Green Bay
- Steve Nash Dishes Up Some Comedy
- The Bucky Five: Good, Not Great
- About the Time of the Year I Lose Interest
- I'm All For This Happening
- Winks Thinks: The Baby Eli Edition
- NFL Coverage Maps: Week Six
- Bucks Beat Rockets, but Get Bullied
- Packers/Vikings Sequel Moved to 3:15pm
- Charlie Davies Injured in Car Accident
- Sabres Knock Off Red Wings
- Sabres On Versus Tonight
- Another Reason to Hate Deanna Favre
- Ah-One, Ah-Two, Ah-You Know What To Do
- America Clinches World Cup Birth
- Finally the Bucks Have Come Back to Green Bay!
- Badgers Lose, Respectfully
- How About You Don't Continue Reading?
- Kurtain Call?
- Winks Thinks: The Mysterious Third Prong Edition
- Bucks Basketball Anybody?
- Rebuttal From a Twins Fan
- Time to Switch Things Up a Bit
- I'm About to Throw a Hissy Fit
- The Day After
- The Bucky Five: Fuck
- This Is Going to Be Hard to Watch
- Macha's First Season With Brewers Comes to an End
- Badgers Enter Top 25, Kinda
- Cancel My Move to Chicago
- The UFL is Going to Be Awesome
- Hello, Losing Season
- Winks Thinks: The Edition Where I Come Around
- Charles Woodson, NFC Defensive Player of the Month...
- Hey, The Brewers Are Still Playing!
- ▼ October (52)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting