Things are definitely starting to get real in the whole Favre scenario. I really never thought he'd actually send the letter of reinstatement, but it seems now Favre has taken that final step. Unless he's traded or released in like the next, six hours, Favre is eventually going to report to Packers camp.
You know Favre, had you not been obsessed with the spotlight back in March, this would have never been an issue and our season would have never been ruined two months before the team actually took the field.
The NFL plans to act on the matter Wednesday, and if all goes according to Favre's plan, he'll be in Green Bay likely on Thursday. That would be a media circus, and the last thing this team needs. Mark Tauscher said the only time they ever think about the Favre saga is when the media brings it up, imagine how much the mess will be on everyone's minds if number four is actually on the field with them.
This is not a good situation, at all. Favre has always been a larger than life figure, but this summer that was multiplied at least tenfold. Him coming to Green Bay would basically turn that town upside down, and I'm a little worried the world might end if that happened.
If Favre comes back, and doesn't get traded, I'm still rooting for Rodgers to take the reins. It's his team, it's his time. But ultimately, if Favre is there, there is no way he's not starting week one against the Vikings, and I'm going to be forced to root for a guy I've been backlashing all summer. Or has it come to the point where I will openly root against Favre? I'm just not sure how we got to this point.
Oh wait, yes I am. Favre is a prima donna who only thinks about himself.
Stay away, Brett. Stay away.
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- ► 2010 (734)
- ► 2009 (827)
- Favre to Jets?
- Finally, Some Good News This Week
- If You Can't Say Something Nice...
- Alright, I've Had Enough For Real.
- Worst. Series. Ever.
- More Proof Bogut is Better Than Yi
- Wait, They Beat Sabathia AND Sheets?
- So The Letter Has Been Faxed...
- Packers Training Camp Thoughts
- If You Sing "Go Cubs Go" One More Time...
- Cubs Take Game One From Brewers
- Do Yourself a Favor and See This Movie
- Your New Titletown Is.... Valdosta, Georgia?
- Suppan's Implosion Highlights Rocky Weekend
- Why is this Happening?
- Best. Series. Ever.
- We'll Do The MLS All-Star Game Live Blog Next Year...
- Just Because You "Own" Stock, Doesn't Mean You Des...
- Anyone Still Doubt the CC Trade?
- For Some Reason I Love This Commerical
- Let Me Reiterate: Favre Will NOT Play Anywhere Thi...
- I'm Busy Today, So Let's Go With a WNBA Fight Vide...
- Second Verse, Same as the First
- Brewers Make A Few Interesting Moves
- Late Inning Heroics Help Brewers Edge Cardinals
- Maybe This Thing Is Over
- For Some Reason I Like Posting This Stuff
- Favre to be Honored by Augusta....I think...
- Brewers Love a Good Platoon
- Crew Completes Season Sweep of Giants
- Let's Welcome "The Sugarman"
- Fielder Pushes Crew Past Giants
- Brewers Moving to Huston Street?
- Sabathia Rolls Again
- 24 TV Trailer Released
- Bucks Sign Tyronn Lue, Malik Allen
- How About Another Favre Post!
- MLB All-Star Game Live Blog
- Favre on Van Susteren
- Hamilton the Real Winner in Home Run Derby
- Favre Didn't Come Off Too Well Tonight
- Home Run Derby LIVE BLOG (sigh... and Favre talk)
- Sheets to Start All-Star Game
- I Hate to Admit It, But I Agree With Stephen A. Sm...
- One-Man Show from Sabathia Leads Brewers
- Volquez Dominates Brewers
- Thompson and Packers Make the Right Move
- Errors Cost Brewers Against Reds
- Sorry Brett, We're Not Interested
- Time to Come Clean On This, John McCain
- Corey Hart's Daughter Caught Underage Drinking
- New York Hearts Corey
- How Many Aces Does This Team Have?
- If You Thought The Jersey We Made Was Brutal...
- Looks Like We Forgot to do a Recap Again...
- Get Used to This Guy in a Bucks Uni
- Gamel Getting Some Fantasy Looks
- Great Moments In Brewers History (There's More Tha...
- Jittery Sabathia Earns First Victory as Brewer
- Braun Accepts Bid to Home Run Derby
- Unless He Plays Again, I'm Done Talking About Favr...
- Comeback Effort Falls Short
- Enjoy Them While You Can
- I Hart New York
- Aftermath of the Sabathia Trade
- We Got Sabathia. Now What?
- Brewers Trade for Sabathia
- Brewers Complete Sweep of Pirates
- Brewers Send Braun, Sheets, to All-Star Game
- Fielder's Late-Inning Heroics Give Brewers Victory...
- Possible Team Names for the Sonics
- Is The Apocalypse Near?
- Sabathia Rumors Overshadow Brewers Victory
- Rumors Now Include Weeks and Hardy
- Here's a Nice John Hammond Article For You
- "The Worst Inning of Baseball I've Ever Seen"
- Huntsville: Brewers AA Affliate Lands 10 All-Stars...
- Brewers Guarantee At Least .500 Road Trip
- Favre Doing What Everyone Expected...Allegedly
- The Bucky Channel is Cursed (Brewers Player of the...
- ▼ July (81)