Yeah, that video pretty much sums up the Bucks season at this point. Bango may have been injured in the process, but at least the ball went through the hoop! Once again, another Buck gets injured, yet the team shoulders on. But fortunately, Luke Ridnour may be one of those injured Bucks that could soon return to the floor.
According to JS Online's Bucks Blog, Ridnour participated in contract drills on Thursday and hopes to be ready to go against the Cavs on Friday night. This would be great news for the Bucks, as long as he doesn't return to the starting lineup. Look, we all love Luke Ridnour and his shop class looks, but this Bucks team needs to keep Ramon Sessions as the starter. I just think Sessions has so much more to offer than Ridnour, and the Bucks are better suited letting him get this quality experience at 22, rather than giving time back to Luke.
Of course, this train of thought is useless if the Bucks can't keep Sessions next year. But their chances of doing that decreased significantly with Milwaukee unable to trade Richard Jefferson at the deadline on Thursday. One quick glance at the Bucks salary cap situation will show you that if Jefferson stays on the books, there's not a lot of wiggle room to sign guys like Sessions and even Charlie Villanueva.
As I argued in this week's Winks Thinks, I want the Bucks to succeed. But making the playoffs as a low seed that is likely to lose in the first round is pretty much the same thing as missing the playoffs a few games under .500. I don't think the Bucks should be thinking short-term here, they need to think long-term. Trading Jefferson, or his contract anyway, would have been a better move in the long run. Now, we know Hammond did offer Jefferson in a couple of trade scenarios, but I wish he would have been able to get the job done. Who knows when the next chance to move that contract might be.
But alas, no trade was made. Actually, barely any trades were made in the NBA at the deadline - another year of all buildup, no action. So this is the team we're going this rest of the way with. It's time to put whatever thoughts about whatever possible would-be trades aside, and ride this thing out with the Bucks.
I guess making the playoffs as a low level seed wouldn't be that bad.
Thursday, February 19, 2009 by Winks ·
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- ► 2010 (734)
- Wasn't Chandler Traded Anyway??
- Parra Looks Good in Brewers Victory
- Let's Boycott ESPN For A Few Days
- Reporting Live From Brewers Spring Training
- Cubs Take Round One
- UConn Effectively Ends Marquette's Season
- A Little Too Much Dallas
- Brewers Are Back Baby!
- Projected 25-Man Brewers Roster
- Time To Start Thinking March Madness
- Don't Get Too Excited, Milwaukee
- Lawrie Switches to Second
- Two-Man Show Leads Bucks Over Nuggets
- Rankings: Marquette Moves Up, Loss Costs Badgers
- Well At Least We Got To See One Of The Games Great...
- Of Course Wisconsin Will Make the Tourney
- Ridnour Could Be Ready Against Cavs, Other Bucks R...
- Winks Thinks: The Trade Deadline Edition
- Bucks Drop Important Game As Trade Deadline Looms
- Melvin Keeps Arbitration Streak In Tact
- Bucks Tighten One Race, While Extending Another
- The Bucky Channel Conversation... Mark Murphy (Kin...
- Brewers Sign Former Cy Young Winner...
- Huggy Bear to Replace Trenni
- The Sweet Sounds of Cory Provus
- Hey, Wisconsin Got Two Votes!
- Happy President's Day!
- NBA All-Star Game Live Blog 2009
- Here Ye, Here Ye!
- First Look at Chicago's Olympic Bid
- Happy Valentine's Day
- Don't You Look Like...
- A Rare Hockey Post
- Brewing Up Some Moves
- Winks Thinks: The A-Roid Edition
- Milwaukee Out-Paces Indiana
- Badgers Make It Three in a Row
- The Best of American Soccer
- Packers Give Jets 7th-Rounder in 2010
- Marquette Officially on a Losing Streak
- Peppers to Packers a Reality?
- Bucks Play Rocket-Busters
- Sabathia is Raw
- Brewers Close to Signing Looper, Sources Say
- Hey, UW-Green Bay Got a Vote!
- Detroit Downs Depleted Deer
- The 2009 Pro Bowl Live Blog
- No, Marquette is Not Trap-Game Proof
- Linking To My Friend on a Slow News Day
- Badgers Snap Six-Game Slide
- Is Sheeter "Pulling a Favre"?
- Ridnour Out Too?
- Tooda-Lue: Bucks Trade Lue For Bogans
- Winks Thinks: The Pepsuber Edition
- Brewers Finally Make Deal With Yankees
- The Lemmy Channel
- Bogut Done For The Season... Practically
- Is Marquette "Trap-Game Proof"?
- 8th Seed Tightens After Bucks Loss To Nets
- Weeks Avoids Arbitration
- Bucks Set to Go Without Bogut... Again
- Did They Also Call Florida for Gore?
- Alright, I'll Mention Something About the Badgers....
- Packers Coaching Staff Complete
- Defense Leads Wave Past Chicago Storm
- Bucks Win Again In Redd's Absence
- ▼ February (67)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting