From June of 1998 until July of 2001, David Weathers was a Milwaukee Brewer. Eight years after he left Milwaukee, he'll return the same way he first came to Brew City in the first place as he was claimed off waivers from the Cincinnati Reds.
Sunday, August 9, 2009 by Winks ·
Now, because of baseball's weird trading structure, technically the Weathers acquisition is looked at as a trade. Because the Brewers claimed him off waivers, they will have to send Cincinnati something in return. That something is going to be a player to be named later. The Brewers have given the Reds a list of players they can choose from, which the Reds have to do by October 15th. If not, the Brewers will end up sending cash or something. Haudricourt has the details.
If nothing else, this move shows that at least Doug Melvin is still trying. The bullpen hasn't been terrible this season, but they have been overworked which is way the constant roster changes have occurred. Just in the last three days the Crew has added Jesus Colome, Claudio Vargas, and David Weathers. Not blockbuster names, but moderately fresh arms that could help the Brewers string a couple of wins together here and there.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- ► 2010 (734)
- I Don't Want the Preseason to End
- Let's Not Forget About the Brewers!
- This Is Why I Just Subscribed to Sports Illustrate...
- My Thougts Exactly, Mike Rivera
- Winks Thinks: The Clip Show Edition
- Brewers Lose in Extras Again
- Brewers Veterans! Get Your Brewers Veterans!
- Guess Which of These Links Shocked the Hell Out of...
- That Was Kind of Disheartening
- I Almost Regret Making This
- ESPN Rips On ESPN Regarding Favre
- POTG: Brewers 7, Nationals 1
- Packers Should Retire Number Four
- Craig Nall Might Make Me $100 Richer
- Escobar Hit a Home Run
- Pack Look Sharp Again
- SummerSlam Predictions (Sorry!)
- Is Anyone Watching This Series?
- Favre Looked Terrible
- Rouse Carted Off Practice Field
- Winks Thinks: The NFL Predictions Edition
- POTG: Pirates 3, Brewers 1
- I Thought Jack Zduriencik Was Smart?
- So That Wedding I Was At...
- Brewers... Sigh
- You Expected Any Different?
- Harrell Fearing the Worst
- Come on Guys...
- I Got Two Words For Ya...
- Farewell, Amir Johnson
- Astros Take the Finale
- I Know It's Just the Preseason, But...
- The Brewers Are Totally Redeeming Themselves!
- Raji Signs with the Packers
- Baseball is Back at UW-La Crosse
- Rivera Makes His Case, Again
- Winks Thinks: The It's H'all Over Edition
- New Toys Kept in Box During Loss
- Another Loss at Azteca
- United States vs. Mexico Play-by-Play
- That's What Happens After a 13-6 Loss...
- Add This to Your Daily Blog Lineup
- Smith Sent Down to Nashville
- Party at My House
- How Did I Miss This?
- David Weathers is Back
- The Frustrating Season Continues
- Rivera > Kendall
- The Pack is Back
- Catching Up With the Brewers
- Don't You Look Like...
- Winks Thinks: Packers, Plumbers, and Paris
- POTG: Brewers 4, Dodgers 1
- Prince Smash!
- FSN Wisconsin Earns Exclusive Rights to Bucks Tele...
- The Iron Might Make It After All
- Well, That Was Close
- Warning: Hall Starting in Right Field
- The Best Picture Ever
- Villanueva Saves Otherwise Wasted Weekend
- ▼ August (60)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting