Amir Johnson, we hardly knew thee. Just a few short months after the Bucks traded for the former Pistons forward, they are sending him packing to Toronto for SF Carlos Delfino and PG Roko Ukic. Recently acquired PG Sonny Weems will be included in the deal as well.
Monday, August 17, 2009 by Winks ·
With the addition of Hakim Warrick, the trade makes sense, although the guys we got back aren't anything special. Still, I really like Amir Johnson and how he plays, and I was looking forward to him in a Bucks uniform this season. He played very well in Vegas this summer, averaging 10.5 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.
What this trade once again proves is that John Hammond is clearly never happy with his roster. Sure, these aren't blockbuster type deals, but the guy is always looking to improve his roster whether it be on the court on in the checkbook. That's a trait you want in your General Manager, unless he's completely inept the way Shakes Harris was.
This means Amir Johnson joins Salim Stoudamire (as well as Weems and Bruce Bowen) as guys Hammond has acquired and then let go within this offseason. I know Stoudamire signed before the end of last season, but he never saw any floor time and the design was to hold him off until this year anyways, so I included him.
In a way, it's almost as if Amir Johnson was brought in solely to play with the Bucks in Vegas this summer. Maybe Hammond is trying to win in Sin City as much as he is during the regular season. I know that's one of the more ridiculous things I've ever written but what our general manager is proving is that, with John Hammond, you just never know.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- ► 2010 (734)
- I Don't Want the Preseason to End
- Let's Not Forget About the Brewers!
- This Is Why I Just Subscribed to Sports Illustrate...
- My Thougts Exactly, Mike Rivera
- Winks Thinks: The Clip Show Edition
- Brewers Lose in Extras Again
- Brewers Veterans! Get Your Brewers Veterans!
- Guess Which of These Links Shocked the Hell Out of...
- That Was Kind of Disheartening
- I Almost Regret Making This
- ESPN Rips On ESPN Regarding Favre
- POTG: Brewers 7, Nationals 1
- Packers Should Retire Number Four
- Craig Nall Might Make Me $100 Richer
- Escobar Hit a Home Run
- Pack Look Sharp Again
- SummerSlam Predictions (Sorry!)
- Is Anyone Watching This Series?
- Favre Looked Terrible
- Rouse Carted Off Practice Field
- Winks Thinks: The NFL Predictions Edition
- POTG: Pirates 3, Brewers 1
- I Thought Jack Zduriencik Was Smart?
- So That Wedding I Was At...
- Brewers... Sigh
- You Expected Any Different?
- Harrell Fearing the Worst
- Come on Guys...
- I Got Two Words For Ya...
- Farewell, Amir Johnson
- Astros Take the Finale
- I Know It's Just the Preseason, But...
- The Brewers Are Totally Redeeming Themselves!
- Raji Signs with the Packers
- Baseball is Back at UW-La Crosse
- Rivera Makes His Case, Again
- Winks Thinks: The It's H'all Over Edition
- New Toys Kept in Box During Loss
- Another Loss at Azteca
- United States vs. Mexico Play-by-Play
- That's What Happens After a 13-6 Loss...
- Add This to Your Daily Blog Lineup
- Smith Sent Down to Nashville
- Party at My House
- How Did I Miss This?
- David Weathers is Back
- The Frustrating Season Continues
- Rivera > Kendall
- The Pack is Back
- Catching Up With the Brewers
- Don't You Look Like...
- Winks Thinks: Packers, Plumbers, and Paris
- POTG: Brewers 4, Dodgers 1
- Prince Smash!
- FSN Wisconsin Earns Exclusive Rights to Bucks Tele...
- The Iron Might Make It After All
- Well, That Was Close
- Warning: Hall Starting in Right Field
- The Best Picture Ever
- Villanueva Saves Otherwise Wasted Weekend
- ▼ August (60)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting