Now that's what you call an ace. After looking a little nervous in the first couple of innings during the Brewers 4-2 victory over the Giants on Wednesday night, Yovani Gallardo eventually found his grove. YoGa went 6 2/3 innings, allowing just six hits and two earned runs. He also struck out six Giants batters in the process. But what separated his performance from his counterpart's, Randy Johnson, was the 3-run home-run Gallardo hit off Johnson in the 5th inning.
Thursday, April 9, 2009 by Winks ·
And yeah, you read that correctly.
Gallardo scored Kendall and Hall after swinging on a high-fast ball that he took to deep left field. It's Gallardo's third home-run of his career, and the first that any pitcher has ever hit off Randy Johnson. We already knew Gallardo was a good hitting-pitcher, but you can't ask for a better plate appearance than that. That three-run homer was pretty much the difference, as the bullpen was able to keep the Giants at bay the rest of the game.
Speaking of the bullpen, not a bad performance from them at all. Todd Coffey earns a hold for his 1 1/3 innings pitched, which included getting out of a bases loaded jam. Carlos Villanueva pitched perfectly in the closer role, striking out two batters to earn the save. With him pitching the 8th and Hoffman the 9th once Trevor is healthy, that's going to be a pretty solid back of the rotation I'm thinking.
Another key performer in this game was Mike Cameron, who homered off of Randy Johnson right after Bear was done telling me that Cameron was something like 2 for 26 against the Big Unit in his career, a run which including 18 strikeouts. Ryan Braun had another good night, notching two doubles. Hall's double in the fifth helped lead to the Gallardo home run (who should have never even batted, but the Giants chose to walk Kendall to get to Gallardo, something tells me they won't do that ever again).
In the bad news department, Hart, Fielder, and Weeks all went hitless. As did J.J. Hardy, who is know 0 for 9 on the young season.
Rubber match between these two teams is tonight at 6:05pm.
Player of the Game: Gallardo.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- ► 2010 (734)
- Bucks Survivor: Round Five
- Winks Thinks: The Ted Thompson Edition
- Happy Birthday Trenni!
- Corporan Takes Rivera's Place on Roster
- Oh My Gallardo!
- This is the Song That Never Ends...
- Milwaukee Gets To .500.
- Milwaukee's Dominance Over Pittsburgh Continues
- Bucks Survivor: Round Four
- Packers Bringing in Free Agents
- Packers Draft Six More on Second Day
- Four Badgers Selected in Round Three
- Astros Deny Brewers the Series Sweep
- Brewers Outlast Astros in Marathon
- Thompson Trades His First-Born for Matthews
- Thompson Talks About Raji
- Packers Pick Raji
- Three Game Win Streak For the Crew
- The Madden Curse Is Taking Two Down This Year
- Bucks Survivor: Round Three
- Bush Takes No-No Into 8th
- Winks Thinks: Links Thinks
- Does This Mean We'll Lose Game Three?
- A Little Afternoon Delight
- Duke Coming to the Kohl Center
- Phillies Wash Away Brewers
- I Can't Think of Anything Good to Post Today
- Bucks Survivor: Episode 2
- Coffey Helps Brewers Salvage Series
- The Lemmy Channel
- I Didn't Even Know This Honor Existed
- Bucks Survivor: Year Two
- Madden Retires
- Riske Headed to The List
- Winks Thinks: The Rivalry Edition
- Thanks, Mike
- This Just Isn't Fun Right Now
- Packers Schedule Finally Released
- It's Official: Richard Jefferson is Our Bucks Play...
- Being Fat: A Lifetime Membership
- Worth A Thousand Words
- Yovani Gives Up 6 In Third, Brewers Lose 7-6
- Packers Add a Draft Pick
- So the NHL Playoffs Start This Week...
- Cubs Walk All Over Suppan, Brewers
- It's Going to Be Like This All Season
- Jefferson Takes Lead in Player of Game Standings
- Giants Take Series From Brewers
- Winks Thinks: The New Life Plan Edition
- Gallardo Gets Better of Big Unit
- Who Got the Bucks Player of the Game?
- A Reason to Watch the Bucks Tonight
- She's Not That Into You
- Long Ball Giants Beat Small Ball Brewers
- End of 7th: Giants 9, Brewers 5
- End of 5th: Giants 7, Brewers 5
- End of 4th: Giants 6, Brewers 5
- Middle of 4th: Brewers 5, Giants 4
- End of 3rd: Giants 4, Brewers 3
- End of 2nd: Giants 4, Brewers 2
- Middle of 2nd: Giants 3, Brewers 2
- End of 1st Inning: Giants 3, Brewers 0
- Weather Concerns About Today's Game
- The Bucky Channel Bracket Challenge Winners
- Sabathia Got Pwned
- Wrestlemania. Definitely Worth It.
- I'm Ready For Opening Day
- Why The Bucks Aren't Making the Playoffs
- Winks' Annual Crappy MLB Predictions
- Gwynn Sent Down, But Still Full of Potential
- Cutler Bitches His Way to Chicago
- Winks Thinks: The Draft Pause Edition
- Brewers Edge the Diamondbacks
- Bucks Lose In Front of Sell-Out Crowd
- Ryan Braun Has Nine Lives
- Happy April Fools Day
- ▼ April (76)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting