Confused because he hasn't been in the spotlight for the last two months, Brett Favre decided that he was done playing second fiddle to Jay Cutler as Bus Cook's most douchey client and found another way to get his name in the papers. That's right, even though he is retired, Brett Favre has asked the Jets for an official release, and they have granted it.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 by Winks ·
Apparently, this isn't the first time Favre has made the request, but the Jets were smart to just get rid of the baggage. For example, if their first-round pick Mark Sanchez struggles in training camp, the calls for Brett Favre to come back may be loud and clear. True, they'd probably be from Brett Favre himself, but they'd still be heard. The Jets decided that they didn't want to see what happened in Green Bay last summer happen in New York, and they let him go. Can't blame them for that.
But the question remains: Why did Favre want to be released in the first place? If he is truly retired, who cares who has you under contract? Clearly, Favre must be thinking about doing something, but I'm not sure what that something is. I am praying that it something more along the lines of accepting a coaching job with Eric Mangini and the Browns, rather than it being something like him trying to make yet another comeback.
The few diehard Favre fans that are left are already buying Vikings seasons tickets, but I really don't see that happening. Favre is done, even though he might change his mind mentally, he doesn't have it physically anymore. We saw that happen last December with the Jets. If Favre would play again, it would have to be as a mentor to a young quarterback in a situation where he'd maybe see a few snaps, but you and I both know that would never happen. His ego wouldn't fit on the sidelines.
The most far out possibility of he asked for his release? Railbird Central brings it up by asking Ted Thompson to sign Favre to a one-day contract so that he can retire with the Packers. They say that now that everyone loves Ted, how great would it be for him to bring back Brett and repair the main reason people still hate him?
Believe it or not, of all the scenarios I just mentioned, that's the one I want to see happen the least.
Favre's days as a Packer are over. At least for now. Sure, his number will be retired and he's earned a spot on the Ring of Honor, but the wounds are too fresh for Favre to come back to Green Bay. It's not that I'm not over what happened last year, it's just at this point I don't care about him anymore. And I don't want to see him come back under any circumstances until long after the Rodgers and Thompson era are over.
I'm sure many of you that hated Favre last summer have already forgiven him, or have already moved on, but I haven't. Favre's theatrics last summer exposed his true self, and destroyed the image of a man I spent my childhood worshipping. If it was a guy of lesser importance, I'm probably over it by now, but this was Brett Favre were talking about here. This was the guy who, outside of my parents, was my hero.
Now? He's just a washed up quarterback doing anything to remain in the spotlight, no matter what the cost.
Nothing heroic about that.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- ► 2010 (734)
- Bucks Survivor: Round Five
- Winks Thinks: The Ted Thompson Edition
- Happy Birthday Trenni!
- Corporan Takes Rivera's Place on Roster
- Oh My Gallardo!
- This is the Song That Never Ends...
- Milwaukee Gets To .500.
- Milwaukee's Dominance Over Pittsburgh Continues
- Bucks Survivor: Round Four
- Packers Bringing in Free Agents
- Packers Draft Six More on Second Day
- Four Badgers Selected in Round Three
- Astros Deny Brewers the Series Sweep
- Brewers Outlast Astros in Marathon
- Thompson Trades His First-Born for Matthews
- Thompson Talks About Raji
- Packers Pick Raji
- Three Game Win Streak For the Crew
- The Madden Curse Is Taking Two Down This Year
- Bucks Survivor: Round Three
- Bush Takes No-No Into 8th
- Winks Thinks: Links Thinks
- Does This Mean We'll Lose Game Three?
- A Little Afternoon Delight
- Duke Coming to the Kohl Center
- Phillies Wash Away Brewers
- I Can't Think of Anything Good to Post Today
- Bucks Survivor: Episode 2
- Coffey Helps Brewers Salvage Series
- The Lemmy Channel
- I Didn't Even Know This Honor Existed
- Bucks Survivor: Year Two
- Madden Retires
- Riske Headed to The List
- Winks Thinks: The Rivalry Edition
- Thanks, Mike
- This Just Isn't Fun Right Now
- Packers Schedule Finally Released
- It's Official: Richard Jefferson is Our Bucks Play...
- Being Fat: A Lifetime Membership
- Worth A Thousand Words
- Yovani Gives Up 6 In Third, Brewers Lose 7-6
- Packers Add a Draft Pick
- So the NHL Playoffs Start This Week...
- Cubs Walk All Over Suppan, Brewers
- It's Going to Be Like This All Season
- Jefferson Takes Lead in Player of Game Standings
- Giants Take Series From Brewers
- Winks Thinks: The New Life Plan Edition
- Gallardo Gets Better of Big Unit
- Who Got the Bucks Player of the Game?
- A Reason to Watch the Bucks Tonight
- She's Not That Into You
- Long Ball Giants Beat Small Ball Brewers
- End of 7th: Giants 9, Brewers 5
- End of 5th: Giants 7, Brewers 5
- End of 4th: Giants 6, Brewers 5
- Middle of 4th: Brewers 5, Giants 4
- End of 3rd: Giants 4, Brewers 3
- End of 2nd: Giants 4, Brewers 2
- Middle of 2nd: Giants 3, Brewers 2
- End of 1st Inning: Giants 3, Brewers 0
- Weather Concerns About Today's Game
- The Bucky Channel Bracket Challenge Winners
- Sabathia Got Pwned
- Wrestlemania. Definitely Worth It.
- I'm Ready For Opening Day
- Why The Bucks Aren't Making the Playoffs
- Winks' Annual Crappy MLB Predictions
- Gwynn Sent Down, But Still Full of Potential
- Cutler Bitches His Way to Chicago
- Winks Thinks: The Draft Pause Edition
- Brewers Edge the Diamondbacks
- Bucks Lose In Front of Sell-Out Crowd
- Ryan Braun Has Nine Lives
- Happy April Fools Day
- ▼ April (76)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting