This United Football League has been very secretive about their upcoming debut in the Fall of 2009 so far, but it looks like they are ready to start divulging some information. It appears there will be four teams to start the 2009 season, with another two to join in 2010. The teams will be located in Las Vegas (coached by Jim Fassel), New York (Ted Cotrell), Orlando (Jim Haslett), and San Francisco (Dennis Green). Teams from Hartford and L.A. are expected to join the league in 2010. For more information about the league structure, check out the Wikipedia entry, it's pretty informative.
Friday, June 19, 2009 by Winks ·
The league held it's first draft last night, and there are already a ton of Wisconsin connections that I wanted to share with you. Here they are team-by-team, and I've extracted the notables for you:
UFL Las Vegas
NT Wendell Bryant (UW-Madison)
WR Andrae Thurman (former Packer)
Other notables: DB Adam Archuleta, WR David Kircus
UFL New York
No significant Wisconsin connections
Other notables: RB LaBrandon Toefield, RB Cecil Sapp
QB Brooks Bollinger (Wisconsin)
Other notables: NT Fred Bledsoe, DB Mike Doss, RB Chris Perry, NT Larry Tripplett, TE Jermaine Wiggins
UFL San Francisco
DB Marviel Underwood (former Packer)
DB Jeremy Unertl (UW-La Crosse and former Packer)
I'm not sure how they fill out the rest of the rosters, but it should be interested that there is no mention of guys like Quinn Gray, Mike Vick, Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, or J.P. Losman, all guys who were expected to be sought after by the UFL.
It's really up to you guys how much you want me to follow this league for you, because I don't want to get burned again by an upstart league. I was all aboard with the XFL, and the Orlando Rage were my favorite team (I still have a Rage jersey even). I told all my friends to come over for the inagural game, but the only person that showed up to watch it with me was my brother. I watched the games whenever I could, but ultimately the league folded and I was left looking stupid. This UFL seems to be way more legit, although the first season will only feature six games per team, which will be broadcast on Versus on Friday nights. I'm sure I'll check it out with a curious eye, but we'll see what happens.
Congrats to all the guys with Badger, Packer, and even UW-Lax connections that were selected.
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- ► 2010 (734)
- Mike Burns > Johan Santana?
- Farewell, Best Damn Sports Show Period
- Thank You, Quevedo at the Buffet
- Hardy, McGehee Power Brewers Past Mets
- Farewell, Charlie Villanueva
- Why Did 149,288 People Vote For Bill Hall This Wee...
- Bears Apparently Out of Burress Sweepstakes
- Aaron Rodgers' Girlfriend
- Giants Blank Brewers
- Brazil 3, United States 2: What This Loss Does For...
- I'd Like to Write More, But...
- POTG: Brewers 5, Giants 1
- Jeffress Might Smoke Himself Out of Baseball
- Grizzlies to Eventually Cut Stiemsma
- Finally, A Bucks Draft I Like
- Thank God We're Done Playing the Twins This Year
- Stage is Set For a Rematch Against Brazil
- Winks Thinks: The Apology Edition
- Kendall Wins Player of the Game???
- U.S. Knocks Off a Soccer Giant
- Update: United States 2, Spain 0
- Update: Halftime
- Update: United States 1, Spain 0
- Your Friendly Reminder to Watch Soccer
- Twins Stay Perfect Against Brewers in '09
- The Bucky Channel Conversation... Greg Winkler
- Bucks Pull Off Another Trade
- Greg Jennings Gonna Get Paid
- Burns Called Back Up As Bush Heads to DL
- Farewell, Richard Jefferson
- Hall and Kendall Still Somehow All-Star Relevant
- WWE Ascends Upon Green Bay Tonight
- The U.S. Re-Defines "Sneaking In"
- Milwaukee Swept By the Tigers
- Back Playing Second Fiddle
- Brewers Lose Rain-Shortened Affair
- Tony Mandarich's Life Keeps Getting Better
- I Guess This League Is Actually Happening
- The U.S. Has a Long Way To Go
- Winks Thinks: The Pick Sticks Edition
- I Have To Have This Shirt
- Brewers Use Extra Innings to Sweep Tribe
- POTG: Brewers 7, Indians 5
- Brewers vs. Indians LIVE BLOG!!!
- Artie Lange Outdoes Brett Favre
- POTG: Brewers 14, Indians 12
- You Can't Win With Ten Guys
- Brewers Staying Steady in All-Star Voting
- Let's Not Forget About Soccer Today
- Just In Case You Care....
- Happy Birthday, Dad!
- The Lake Show Does It Again
- Brewers Close Out Disappointing Homestand
- I'm Starting to Like Lance Briggs
- The All-Former Brewers Team
- Manny Headed to Nashburg
- I Know Manny Parra is Done
- POTG: Brewers 7, White Sox 2
- Brewers Sign Top Pick Arnett
- Well No Kidding
- POTG: Rockies 5, Brewers 4
- I Think Bill Hall is Done
- Winks Thinks: The Men of Iron Edition
- What the Hell, Jorge?
- Braun Says No To "The Bachelor"
- Must Read of the Day
- Colorado Rocks Brewers in the Seventh
- Brewers Drafting From the Horse Stables
- Cameron Suspended For Two Games... Eventually
- Zack Attack Rocks Late Night
- Brewers Slipping in All-Star Voting
- Favre Undergoes Shoulder Surgery
- Farewell, UW-La Crosse Baseball and Men's Tennis
- Braves Chip Away at Parra, Brewers
- Brewers Keep Braves Scoreless Again
- Gallardo, Gamel Lead Brewers Over Braves
- Iron Pick Up First Home Victory
- Friday Night Live - Packers OTA Blogcast
- Brewers Out-Dueled by Josh Johnson
- How About a Packers Update?
- Winks Thinks, Brought to You By...
- Another Brewers Transaction
- Crew Finds Redemption Against Marlins
- Brewers Jersey Tracker
- Parra Accepts Julio's Challenge and Somehow Pitche...
- Brewers vs. Marlins LIVE BLOG
- Burns In, Julio Out
- Julio Dooms Brewers Against Marlins
- Brewers All-Star Votes Coming Back Down to Earth
- The Big Conan Debut is Tonight
- ▼ June (90)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting