To be honest, I didn't see this coming. I guessed the Badgers would handle their business at least until they met up with Michigan State. Well I thought wrong. You know what? I was glad I couldn't watch the game. I really didn't need to see Wisconsin blow another late lead. Apparently they were up 54-47 with 6 minutes left and then went field goal-less the rest of the game, where Ohio State ended up winning 61-57. It is so obvious that this team lacks a go to guy leader at the end of the game, it almost as if they have the lead and once the game gets to around the 5 minute mark the team goes into "Oh No, we have a lead....Hopefully somebody steps up and we don't blow it" mode. Which as everyone knows leads to loss just about every time you think that way no matter the sport.
Here's the ESPN recap.
Trevon Hughes led the way with 15 points and Jason Bohannon was basically broke shooting 4-13.
Here is my biggest problem with this loss. There has been a lot of talk of the Big Ten getting 8 teams in. I thought while that is high it could happen. But it is just as realistic at this point that the Big Ten gets 6 or maybe even 5. I think the committee would love to prove the Big Ten is a bit over-hyped this year. If that is the case, who do you kick out. Most likely if Penn St. loses they are not getting in. Indiana, Northwestern and Iowa are all out at this point. That leaves a battle between who sneaks in between Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota. 2 teams get in out of these three. Wisconsin has swept Michigan, but gotten swept by Minnesota. And Minnesota was swept by Michigan. I think due to strength of schedule Wisconsin and Minnesota move on. And that is if Michigan loses to Illinois. If Penn St. and Michigan win this becomes even more muddled.
It would not surprise me if Wisconsin was that "How did they get snubbed" team though. 6 game losing streak, extremely inconsistent play, no real impressive wins. Sure they played an elite schedule but what does it matter when you don't win a few games where you are the underdog. Also it isn't like Wisconsin has the greatest NCAA tourney track record. Other than the final four year, which oddly enough seems semi-sorta like this years' squad, Wisconsin has been routinely bounced by lower seeds, Davidson and Fresno St. being recent teams. When you read all of that and the fact that they compiled a mediocre 19-12 record, you've built a believable case for a reason why Wisco could be sitting at home come next weekend. Do I believe this will happen? Absolutely not, but it wouldn't completely surprise me. I still feel Wisconsin gets in, although I do see them as an 11 seed now.
I guess we find out their fate much like Marquette's on Sunday.
(AP Photo/Michael Conroy)
Friday, March 13, 2009 by Bear ·
This premier free sports picks service has sports picks & odds providing tools like; annual NFL Superbowl Odds and NCAA Football BCS Championship Odds list. They'll even golf Masters odds & even Nascar TV Schedule and info...They offer a complete March Madness Bracket Contest list...even VIP sportsbook 100% bonus codes at #1 books; 5Dimes, Bovada & even a WagerWeb 200% Bonus.
"Check us out for all your NFL betting online picks and predictions at the best online sports betting Canada and USA sportsbooks including a new Bovada review for bettors from the USA."
I highly recommend checking out NFL Predictions and out Free College Football Picks from the legendary National Sports Advisors as well as updated daily NFL Odds and College Football Odds this football season. NSAwins.com posts updated 2013 Super Bowl Futures Odds and Super Bowl Betting Props in addition to BCS Championship Odds and College Bowl Odds throughout the season. Also be sure to get Free NFL Picks and the best Sportsbook Reviews daily from NSAwins.com.
Find Bucks NBA tickets, Milwaukee Brewer game schedule and Packers NFL games. We also sell Wimbledon debenture tickets, Belmont Stakes Triple Crown packages, tickets for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes tickets and Shane Mosley vs. Paulie Malignaggi at the Barclays Center.
Buy Milwaukee Bucks tickets, Green Bay Packers tickets, Wisconsin Badgers tickets and Milwaukee Brewers Tickets from a trusted source.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (485)
- ► 2010 (734)
- In Like a Lion, Out Like Mike Lamb
- McGehee's Walk-Off Leads Crew Past Mariners
- Ha. Better Late Than Never I Guess.
- McNeal a 2nd Team All-American
- Buy Your Preseason Tickets Now!
- Who Is The Greatest Athlete Of My Lifetime?
- Brewers Weekend Recap
- U.S. Salvages a Point in El Salvador
- The Bucks are Impossible to Watch Again
- Latest Reason I Like Jimmy Fallon: Saved by the Be...
- And The Milwaukee Iron Season is Underway
- The Bucks Know It's Over, Too
- I'm Not Sure How I Feel About the NFL's Desire to ...
- Looper Struggles, Brewers Win
- Packers Signed Some Guy
- Winks Thinks: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year ...
- It's Getting Painful
- Brewers Bring Out Long Ball; Braun Leaves With Inj...
- Suppan Will Start Opening Day After All
- Packers Already Given Two Nationally Televised Gam...
- You Think I Don't Proof-Read Well Enough?
- Brewers Weekend Recap
- Unless Your Daughter Was on the Team, This is Brea...
- US Bows Out of World Baseball Classic
- Heartbreaking End to Marquette's Season
- Xavier Too Much For Bucky
- Bucks' Playoff Chances Fading Fast
- That Might Have Been The Most Fun Ive Ever Had Wat...
- Marquette Moves On To Face Missouri
- LIVE BLOG - Final 3:39 of Marquette / Utah State G...
- WIAA High School Boys State Basketball Tournament ...
- MLS Starts Tonight: Horrible Scheduling Move or Br...
- Crew Wins Again
- Live Blog - Final 3:39 of Purdue / Northern Iowa
- Tournament Thoughts
- More Proof Macha Will Name Gallardo Our Ace
- Sinking Bucks Look The Part
- Winks Thinks: The Mexico Edition
- Weird SportsCenter Reference on Scrubs Tonight
- USA Advances to Semi-Finals
- Five Things Not Worthy of Their Own Post
- Carl Landry Was Shot
- Happy St. Patrick's Day
- Even in Spring Training, Beating the Cubs is Aweso...
- There is Hope For All of Us
- My List Sucks
- Marquette and Wisconsin Will Both Lose on Friday
- Bucks Lead For the 8th Seed Again... By .001
- Baseball Scores!
- First Order of Business
- Bucks Continue To Slide, Still Grip 8th Spot
- Brewers Two Pack
- Badgers Fall Into Old Habits
- Let Me Annoy You With This Again
- Marquette Makes Huge 2nd Half Run But Falls Short
- USA Loses, But Game Doesn't Really Matter
- It Is Still Spring Training Right? Whew.....
- Eagles Weather The Storm
- Quite Possibly The Best Post Ever
- Milwaukee Thwarted By Robinson and Hughes Duo
- Sign Up Yet?
- Who's On First?
- Make a Video, Be Famous
- USA's Wins Big, Braun Homers
- Badgers Bounce Hoosiers In Regular Season Finale
- Yovani Gets Roughed Up
- Another Shameless Fond du Lac Plug
- Cubs Shoutout By Crew
- Tremon Williams Was Apparently Taking Notes Last Y...
- Roll Bucks!
- Marquette Seniors Say Goodbye In Tough Loss
- Team USA Eeks Out Victory Against Canada
- The Bucks Are Now Looking Up
- Sign Up For Our NCAA Bracket
- Reserves Steal the Show as Brewers Score 17
- Packers Finally Dip Into Free Agent Pool
- I'm Taking This Site Over....
- Braun on Letterman
- Winks Thinks: The "Hey, Chunky" Edition
- Not a Very Enjoyable Night
- It's Brewers Week On Letterman
- Where Was The Bucks Post Last Night?
- Another Hodge-Podge Brewers Post
- Brewers Blog Six Pack
- We'd Love to Have You Back, Vonnie
- Marquette Slips Five Spots
- Jimmy Fallon Is Actually Funny
- Colin Cole Joins Chris Canty on List of: "People W...
- Hodge Podge Brewers Post
- Badgers Sweep Michigan
- No James, No Victory For Marquette
- Bucks Rout Wizards
- ▼ March (92)
- ► 2008 (1098)
Yardbarker - Packers
Yardbarker - Brewers
Yardbarker - Bucks
This site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed or sponsored by, the University of Wisconsin.
Visit Sunshine Sportsbook
Contact The Bucky Channel
Sports Betting - Find very competitive odds and an impressive array of live betting. Online Sports Betting